Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2023, 09:15:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  YipJumpFORUM
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  News Talk
| | |-+  Review of Exhibit
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Review of Exhibit  (Read 12660 times)
WeirdlySad
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:06:34 AM »

As I mentioned previously, I let a local museum use some of my Daniel collection for an exhibit.
2 other artist were featured in the show.  I attended the opening and the feedback was all great.
Here is a link to article from a local magazine that reviewed the show.
http://www.connectsavannah.com/show_article.php?column_name=Art%20Features

It runs through the end of the month if anyone will be in Savannah grin

Josh
HowdyHowRU
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:02:21 PM »

Did anybody make it to Daniel's performance in Houston last
Saturday.  Would love some details, including a set list, if anybody has them.
jason
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:34 PM »

Saturday.á Would love some details, including a set list, if anybody has them.

I was there.  Daniel went on late, after Gibby Haynes and a local cover band.  The exhibit was great and it's always great to see Daniel and hear him play.  He played two songs solo on guitar, both new -- maybe the same ones from the Henry Rollins Show (I missed that) -- and then he was off.  He'd been feeling sick before he played so I was just glad he did the set at all.  Jason and Bridget from the Nightmares were there too and it's always a treat to run into them.  Also got to see Daniel's sister Marjorie, who is very cool.
ghostjr.
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »

dan actually played 3 songs... he played one while everyone was talking and the sound guy hadn't turned on the mic's yet. then he said "thank you".
it was a really nice evening. lots of folks digging danny's art.
nice, save for those pesky twerps the nightmares being there. sort of ruined things. find it hard to believe that anyone could ever possibly find it a treat to run into them. we pretended that they weren't there and enjoyed ourselves anyway.
no setlist.
god bless you, jason...

-the ghost
jason
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 08:07:12 PM »

dan actually played 3 songs... he played one while everyone was talking and the sound guy hadn't turned on the mic's yet. then he said "thank you".
it was a really nice evening. lots of folks digging danny's art.
nice, save for those pesky twerps the nightmares being there. sort of ruined things. find it hard to believe that anyone could ever possibly find it a treat to run into them. we pretended that they weren't there and enjoyed ourselves anyway.
no setlist.
god bless you, jason...

-the ghost

You're a funny guy.  We still need to get that drink.  And I'd still love to get out there to watch those videos.  Send me an email through the board and let's trade numbers again.  I'll be out of town til late next week, but let's get together after that.
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:10:11 AM »

Saturday.á

I was there.á Daniel went on late, after Gibby Haynes and a local cover band.á The exhibit was great and it's always great to see Daniel and hear him play.á He played two songs solo on guitar, ) -- and then he was off.á He'd been feeling sick before he played so I was just glad he did the set at all.á

Yeah -- I called out to Waller on Monday and Dan's dad said his "sugars are all messed up" (I think that's how he put it) and he's back on the "no visitors" list indefinitely.

Anyhow, I sure HOPE Daniel got to have a nice long talk with Gibson -- he's been hounding me to get him in touch with that Butthole for over a YEAR now and I've failed to manage it. Dan's quite adamantly decided that he wants to make a joint album, a project that Gibby apparently suggested in passing a decade or so ago. (He wants me as the third member of the group, tentatively named "The Ghastly Trio"*, largely because he's somewhat scared of Gibby and needs a buffer of sorts.)

- Not Dan

*The Ghastly Trio is our take on "The Ghostly Trio" [see: http://www.theneitherworld.com/casper/misc/nicky1.htm] the name given to Casper's three mischievous uncles, Fatso, Stinky and Stretch - sadly, Gibby is taller than me and Dan's definitely fatter, so I guess I'm stuck with the role of "Stinky"!

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 01:15:40 PM »

"The Ghastly Trio" sounds like a great idea!

I am a HUGE fan of Gibby's side projects as well as his regular (?) Butthole work...and to have him with Daniel (and You!) is very exciting indeed.

("He wants me as the third member of the group, tentatively named "The Ghastly Trio"*, largely because he's somewhat scared of Gibby and needs a buffer of sorts.")

...yeah, I can see how Mr. Haynes could be a little spooky.

Keep us posted, okay?

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length