Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 08:02:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  I met the producer last night -
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: I met the producer last night -  (Read 32744 times)
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 05:57:40 PM »

oops - forgot to tell ya - YES smiley, it's a lime...not my kitty, though...found that avitar on this site, actually...

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
ondafritz
Frankenstein

"Your the first rock star I ever knew" - DJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »

Gina,

It has been up and down all day. Try it tomorrow.

Kevin

Like a Rin Tin Soldier
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 06:09:52 PM »

PS - time for bed in Cali - but, it's already Friday in London!!!! Dan rocks 'tonight!' Woohoo!!!!!!!!

OK - someone informed me that I have lost track of the days...must be because I have a tax prep appointment in the morning that I am trying hard to avoid preparing for...

Let's see...it's about 5PM Pacific Time, 7PM Central Time...and so it's the middle of the night London time...so, NOW it is Friday there!

I hope Dan has a blast 'tonight.'
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:39:27 PM by gina164 » Logged

- Shawshank Redemption
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »

Gina,

It has been up and down all day. Try it tomorrow.

Kevin

OK smiley  Thanks -

- Shawshank Redemption
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 06:42:24 AM »

Yes?

Really?

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 08:54:04 AM »

I guess it all about rolls. 

Gina, a lot of us are friends with Danny and a few of us work very hard to make things happen for him.

I don't think Dick is trying to hurt his brother in anyway.  Why would he? If anything, he’s protecting Dan and looking out for his best…everything.

Henry is after "product" and "recouping" money.

There are reasons why the Johnston’s have a lawyer now (who is a pro and very well known) and over sees all Johnston biz now with Dick.

In my opinion, I truly don't think that you have the right to post anything about Dan’s biz. It would be like the board asking you to post your W-2 for the year.

Gina, I'm sure you make a great friend for Dan to play with but maybe you should just stick to that?
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 09:00:16 AM »

Jordy- (and other insiders)

Please indicate that when referring to THAT Henry, you mean Henry Rosenthal and NOT me. Bad Karma. Kapish?

Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:33 AM »

Ewww, good call.
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »

Overstating the Obvious Dept:

By "Bad Karma" I simply mean clarity between THAT (Producer of film) Henry and THIS (me) Henry. I don't know Henry R., I have not seen the film, and I have no opinion either way about him.

I just don't want people new to the board thinking when someone says "Henry is an -------" (or something along those lines) that they mean me.

Unless, of course, they mean me.

gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 11:35:31 AM »

I guess it all about rolls. 

Gina, a lot of us are friends with Danny and a few of us work very hard to make things happen for him.

I don't think Dick is trying to hurt his brother in anyway.  Why would he? If anything, he’s protecting Dan and looking out for his best…everything.

Henry is after "product" and "recouping" money.

There are reasons why the Johnston’s have a lawyer now (who is a pro and very well known) and over sees all Johnston biz now with Dick.

In my opinion, I truly don't think that you have the right to post anything about Dan’s biz. It would be like the board asking you to post your W-2 for the year.

Gina, I'm sure you make a great friend for Dan to play with but maybe you should just stick to that?

Well - as I said, I struggled with posting - I didn't like Mr. Rosenthal, actually. He appeared self-centered, paranoid,  and aloof...blaming the Johnstons for the 1/3 full theater, for blocking the soundtrack, and for other things...

Why did I post it? Well...because it was hard for me to understand why the soundtrack would be blocked...even if a lawyer is involved...lawyers can still sue after the fact, right?  Of course, when I initially posted this thread, I felt guilty for questioning the Johnston's decisions at all...and could barely think about how to word it...looking back, I could have worded it a LOT better - got right to the issue, and simply asked if we'd be seeing a soundtrack at all, ever...

But, as you must have read, I later said that I know the Johnstons love Dan, so why should I worry about anything Rosenthal had to say?

Anyway...I won't be posting again about Dan's 'biz' - as I said, so I didn't need for you to say it...

... honestly, Jordy, your reaction to this post seems somewhat mean-spirited, which surprises me, since you've acted kind to me...

The comment about keeping to 'playing with' Dan sucked, in my opinion...I do not 'play with him'...

Oh well...maybe you are still recovering from your fan-forum feud with Jeff T, and still make digs too easily? And, while I am on the subject of Jeff T... I wished him well, even though I know that he used Dan. As Dan wisely said, "Love your enemies, fear yourself."

We are all flawed, Jordy...some worse than others...others in more obvious ways...but, we all deserve consideration, though...and loving words, if possible...

I tried to give some to Mr. Rosenthal after the premier of TDADJ in Berekley, although he wasn't able to receive them well...I imagine because he was all wrapped up in the "They hate all Jews" view he stated...THAT really made me uneasy. I tried to tell him it's not that...that they are not targeting him because he is Jewish, but I didn't get the feeling that he wanted to hear that...

Well, after meeting him, I was left feeling sad that so many people are feuding over Dan's stuff...and that the feuding could possibly be stopping releases of any of his work... because, as a fan, and as someone with a close family member with severe manic depression, I feel it is best to release as much as possible...

So, I wrote an impulsive post...later, I decided to leave it 'as is'...because I think it can serve to show that the stuff behind the scenes really should stay there...
So, we agreed on that. I wish you could have seen that agreement. Perhaps you can now.

Take it easy, Jordy.

Gina

- Shawshank Redemption
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 08:14:53 PM »

Gina,

I truly didn’t mean to sound harsh. The W2 is a poor line at best (and comes from getting the snot kicked out of me on my taxes this year).

I know you care for Daniel too and it really shows. I think all of Dan’s friends and fans truly want what’s best for him. What’s best for Dan is up to Dan and his folks.

When it comes to Daniels career and the team who’s behind it I think it’s best to keep all business affairs private. The only people who should worry about Dan’s business are the people who work for Dan and the family. I feel it’s counter productive to make statements that the public gets to read such as:

“I heard some stuff from the producer that made me want to post a public request that the family doesn't try to disrupt anything that can add to Dan's story being told/spread - such as the soundtrack”

“I didn't like Mr. Rosenthal, actually. He appeared self-centered, paranoid,  and aloof...blaming the Johnston’s for the 1/3 full theater, for blocking the soundtrack, and for other things”.

"They hate all Jews"

There is no reason to pull these issues in to the board’s eye. If you have questions, or want to spill the ugly dirt, you have a nice relationship with Dick and you should take it off line and e-mail him. But, by dropping comments like the ones above or question the Johnston’s business deals only puts them on the spot. Why would you want to put them on the spot for working hard? Nobody is “stopping the releases of any of Dan’s work”. If fact, that’s a strange statement to make when 3 projects are being released now (Ghosts, Welcome and Lost & found).

My post to you has nothing to do with personal “flaws” (I’m unsure what flaws have to do with anything and didn’t mean to make you feel flawed in any way) and nor does my post toyou have anything to do with my past and Jeff T?

The best part of working with Dan for me is getting the time to “play” with Dan. I may be getting old but Dan has showed me you’re never too old to play.

I thought your reply to my post was more or less spot on. And hey, you didn't kick me in the leg like some other person on the board did (you know who you are). 

It’s all good Gina, for real!

~j~
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 09:32:09 PM »

One day, year?, we will have to meet up and laugh about this stuff...like a couple of dead dogs laughing in the clouds...

Sorry to misinterpret your post. Jordy. Thought you 'all of a sudden' chose to dis me...and, I am super sensitive lately (never to the point of kicking anyone, though)...I, at 48, just went on hormone replacement therapy (only 2 weeks ago), and am experiencing side effects that no husband should have to tolerate, let alone a Net forum...ugh... Thank God/goodness I have a great hubby.

Well...About the 'behind the scenes' stuff I've shared...I SHOULD have contacted Dick about the soundtrack thing...wish I had. I certainly do not want to put the Johnstons on the spot. They are very loving, good, and hard-working people, as you also know. About my not liking Mr. Rosenthal...well, I'm sure I'm not the first...we can't all like everyone...although we can try. Unfortunately, I just am in a 'zero tolerance' zone lately...and need to keep my trap shut until I find my way outta it...which will probably be via more estrogen, since I seem to have made the mistake of asking for a too low dose.

Ok...more than anyone here needed to know, cared to know...

On that lovely note, I will close my trap, and get over this embarassment.

Happy Passover, my friend.
Gina

- Shawshank Redemption
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 08:23:07 AM »

This too, shall pass.