Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 07:09:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  YipJumpFORUM
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  JUST A LONGTIME POSTER REFLECTING ON THE SAD SHAPE OF THE FORUM AND RECENT THING
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JUST A LONGTIME POSTER REFLECTING ON THE SAD SHAPE OF THE FORUM AND RECENT THING  (Read 7098 times)
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »

Being a longtime member and huge fan and somewhat friend of Daniel, I am sick of all this ****slinging! I have been on this board since the beginning and have made several friends here! I have also made several (converts I like to call then) to Dans music in the world of music lovers! I have directed more people to this and to Stress so people could buy and check out Daniels gift!

There is a element here that is bringing this board down! Unwanted comments....snide remarks! People making up names to say how they are "appalled!" I have talked to a few members who dont want to come back because of ones action and not to mention our wayward loonie Ray Pickens and various attacks on this board by someone with the obsession of ****! They posted thread after thread of the word "****!"
In short who comes here to see that!

Jeff this is pointed to you! I know you must love Daniel he has been your friend for a long time. As far as public knowledge you have done right by him friendshipwise,professionally and financially! This is OUR FORUM and it is also your forum. It is a way for you to give tidbits of info to fans( to which I apperciate) also its a place for you to promote your site! I for one have directed several folks to your site! I just feel alot of your comments and accusations of others wrong doing Daniel really make you suspect! Seriously me and you have came to a type of peace and I enjoy talking to you but you are making this board into something it should not be! I for one think the Laurie comment was a ****ty comment! Not to mention the Mark David Chapman to which you apologized and I thank you! I have seen a few members leave because of you and I dont think its fair!

Your war of words with Jordy is of epic preportions! As much as you dislike Jordy, why cant you keep the comments that you know will spark a reaction to a minimum? I just dont think the way you approach things is right! You do come off as very paranoid and one sided!
This is not a personal attack either we have made our peace, but you are adding a unwanted element to this board!!!

TO JORDY~ As Uncle Henry Long said "Please come home!" Dont leave the board because of the **** that is going on! You know us DJ fans can be harsh and I know I gave you a hard time as well as a few others over the Tribute cover but in retrospect the whole package is beautiful! The contents, misspellings and all kicked ass! You put out a great product and if you recall most of my bitching was just about the cover! I was humbled when I actually got the cd in my hands! You are a stand up dude and I wish you would stick around and post more! You are a part of Dans life also!
In a way you turned me on to Townes Van Zandt when I discovered the play on the TVZ cover! Being a DJ geek I had to check out Townes and I have been bowled over by his songwriting and music! THANKS
I know alot of the **** going on here has made you want to wash your hands of this board but please dont......You are the "Breastking" so you gotta "bounce" back and be a part of this board! If you dont come back then as a fan of Daniels thank you for all you done for him! Also as a fan of boobs thanks for what you were doing to make them healthier!

Henry.....thanks for your friendship and words of encouragement! Like Dan you are the "real deal" when it comes to being a good and stand up "salt of the earth" type cat! I value your friendship and you and Emma are always on my good vibe list! Keep Punching Joe!!

Gina........Check your PM's! I expect a reply and to see your continued presence on this board!! You came to this board and you made it "jump" for a bit! You were the kind of fan Dan needs! Your heart is solid and your im is good! I enjoy yoyr posts and am glad you discovered Dans music as you know by now there is nothing better then having a Dan song to turn to when all seems.....lost?!?!

IáSAY WITH MUCH PRIDE I have converted 7 people into full fledged fans!
From Ohio to Finland! I am a music lover so I participate in one of the bigger "Heavy Metal" music forums and I have been suprised to see my mailbox fill up with questions about Daniel!
 They ask......Where can I buy his music? Where should I start? I heard a song on a soundtrack is all his songs like that? I always take the time to point them in the right direction! Whether it be HERE,STRESS,GAMMON or I work them up a 10 song sampler to get em on thier way..........It dont matter to me as long as they get to hear Dan and the word is spread! And believe me I sing the "Gospel Of Dan" loud and proud..........after all thats what its all about!

DICK JOHNSTON AND DREW and family......Thank you for this board and for all you have done for Daniel! In a time when all the world seems bleak and the power of love within the family seems to have been put on the back burner you guys give some of us hope! We know its been a hard and long process with Daniel. It is apparent he is loved! You can feel it when you are around him,you can hear it in his songs.....you can see it in the pictures! When I first discovered Daniel the content on the net was so scarce and limited. His music was hard to find.....you have given Daniel a voice on the net! I am grateful and all my best wishes to you!

Everyone...."Dont Let The Sun Go Down Grievances"......and if you do dont air them here!

Daniel we love you and know you will pull through! You have made the world a better place and I cant wait for you to see it from your front porch!
I Love you and "Keep Punching Joe"

á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á á Wickedwill/John

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:09:13 PM by wickedwill » Logged

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
David Cauchi
Casper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 04:09:14 AM »

I discovered Dan in 1989 when my friend Brother Love (who I believe supported Dan on one of BL's US tours) gave me a tape. Then another friend found a copy of Artistic Vice on vinyl a few years later. Those were the pre-Internet days and we were really isolated - being a small group of islands at the ends of the earth. There's a reason we're the last major landmass colonised by people. The Internet has made such a huge difference to those of us who are into stuff the mainstream shops have never heard of. I've managed to acquire a reasonable knowledge of his body of work and CDs to own and treasure during the 90s. I don't follow a lot of the comments on this board, and in particular a lot of the remarks in the above post, but this website in particular has just been brilliant both for me (filled in pretty much all the gaps) and to point the many people I rave on about Dan to to. We were doing low-fi first I believe (because of Toy Love's experience recording in an Aussie studio, Chris Knox became a fervent advocate of the DIY number 8 wire punk rock aesthetic), and there's lots of similarities between Austin, Texas, and Dunedin, NZ (well, Dunners back in the good old days anyway), so we get it. Lots of people (especially artist and muso friends) already know him and start raving themselves when I mention him.

There's been a lot of publicity generated by the film and the Discovered Covered CD. The good record shops in town now have a good selection of stuff under its own 'Daniel Johnston' heading. I've heard recommendations on the local student radio and had lots of conversations with people who've seen the film at the film fest and want to find out more. First place most people turn to nowadays for that kind of thing is google. This is a public forum, an intrinsic part of the face Dan shows the world (kind of like how you judge a person by their friends, if you know what I mean), not an arena for interpersonal unpleasantry.

Sorry for going on, but I'm going through some stuff myself at the moment and've been listening to lots of Dan, the Beatles, selections from the last two Johnny Cash albums, Bongwater, and classic NZ music from my youth to help me through. Then I discovered all this stuff...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:12:08 AM by David Cauchi » Logged
j7on
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 09:31:19 AM »

I SAY WITH MUCH PRIDE I have converted 7 people into full fledged fans!
From Ohio to Finland!

Who in Finland?(website, email, PM, etc..)
I would be interested to know if there are more fans here, i haven┤t found anyone yet...

"I am living, for the moment"
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 01:02:38 AM »

I SAY WITH MUCH PRIDE I have converted 7 people into full fledged fans!
From Ohio to Finland!

Who in Finland?(website, email, PM, etc..)
I would be interested to know if there are more fans here, i haven┤t found anyone yet...

j7on,
I would not feel right giving out his name but I will contact him and if he says yeah I will send you his name and info he gives me! He embraced Daniel BIGTIME and I know he would like to meet other fans!!!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length