Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 06:01:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  YipJumpFORUM
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  You HAVE to laugh...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You HAVE to laugh...  (Read 8139 times)
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2005, 12:32:58 PM »

Today I was kicking around the web and went to check out the Stress Records site. When I hit this page:

http://members.aol.com/yipeye/rdfrst/rdfrst.htm

I saw this: "The Late Not So Great Gammon". Good stuff BUT here's one much better..

Check out Jeff's Bio on the boards at:

http://messageboard.hihowareyou.com/index.php?action=profile;u=99

Jeff's AIM name is "Gammonlies".

I had tears rolling out of my eyes. 

All this made me smile and call co-workers over to my desk all day. It was a pick me up in a strange way. Maybe a few of you will smile as well?

When reading little things like this it shows me how far off base I've been. Now all I worry about is Daniel, not whats been said about me or how people are trying to paint me. It's so...little? It's too easy to do. I'm able to see the bigger "image" now.

All that matters is Dan. It should have been that way from the word "jump". It should not take Dan being so sick to make me see clearly what matters here...not me, not Jeff...not music or art but the well being of another.

When I get to talk with Dan again, the first thing I'm going to tell him is how much I love him. Daniel has changed all of our live someway, somehow....it's like magic. Daniel puts forth spells. I have been under his spell for years.

Do any of you feel the same?

Could some of you tell us any funny little things that have happend with you when you hung or talked with Dan?

I have a few really really funny things like....

Dan and I went to do a big record shop. I pulled out 300 bucks and gave Dan 150 and I took 150 for myself to blow on records.

Dan and I started to hit the shops. An hour later we take a break to eat some burgers and go through our bags of music.

As I'm showing Dan all the CD's I just picked he starts to rip through his bags and pulls out 4 Beatles bootleg records. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Daniel bought the same 4 records from 4 DIFFRENT stores. I looked at the price of each album and they were all diffrent too. When I asked Dan why he bought the same record 4 times he told me he already owns the record at home but he LOVES it so much that it gets better each time he plays it? This made no sense to me at all BUT made all the sense in the world to Daniel. When he was telling me this he was laughing like a mad man. In fact, Dan was laughing so hard it made me do the same.

Anyways...yeah...just my afternoon thoughts.

What are YOU thinking about right now?
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 12:50:56 PM »

I once seen a copy of "Artistic Vice" that had a 39.90 sticker on it.
See pic

And asked him why it was priced so high and he said it came from Japan or somewhere and since nobody else bought his CD he did!

These are his haul from the local Quick E Mart of smokes! He buys all different brands and flavors! He got one pack and asked if they were "girls cigarettes" He musta spent 25 bucks on smokes $3.00 a pack!

Now I am thinking how I could use a nap!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 01:53:11 PM »

Great photo and funny story!

wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 04:24:39 PM »

Great photo and funny story!

Man I am a pack a day smoker! Daniel is like a various packs a day smoker! When I left his studio/garage I was so smoked out! He must have never stopped smoking....I usually have a smoke when I drive I needed several hours just to clear my lungs out from his studio! My wife kept going behind him and snuffing out his half snuffed butts!

I aint gonna preach because I am a smoker and I know its a nasty habit but I enjoy my smokes but Daniel smokes wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much! Kinda like a nervous habit! Always got a smoke in finger!

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 04:27:45 PM »

Today I was kicking around the web and went to check out the Stress Records site. When I hit this page:

http://members.aol.com/yipeye/rdfrst/rdfrst.htm

I saw this: "The Late Not So Great Gammon". Good stuff BUT here's one much better..

Check out Jeff's Bio on the boards at:

http://messageboard.hihowareyou.com/index.php?action=profile;u=99

Jeff's AIM name is "Gammonlies".

I had tears rolling out of my eyes. 

SIGH.......It never ends I suppose!

Glad to see you back Jordy!

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
stareyedsquirrel
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 02:14:34 AM »

Great picture - but what the hell is in that cup thing? Do I even want to know?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length