Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2018, 11:05:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Daniel's health
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Daniel's health  (Read 34015 times)
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2005, 07:07:42 AM »

Gina-

Love and Gratitude indeed. Long live Dr. Emoto!!!

I understand and support your decision.
Of course you will be missed. The circumstances of you choosing to no longer post are just unfortunate, but honestly were I in your shoes, I might do the same. Know that NOBODY wants you to leave this forum!

Take a break, enjoy the holidays, keep in touch with Daniel...but once in awhile, let us know what YOU"RE up to, okay? You can keep private things private and still share your enthusiasm and wisdom with us Yip/Jump people.

BY the way, Emma and I are using "Love Defined" for our wedding song! Just a boom box and a CD. (The only other song involved is "Ben" by Crispin Glover, but that's another story altogether...)

Love and Gratitude, Gina.

I'll be in touch.

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2005, 09:38:02 AM »

I don't have time for a long email since I'm in work, but  -

Henry - yes, you definitely said it there man. I'm printing that post out and am going to stick it on the wall at home.

Jordy - agree with yours also. This Xmas will be raising a glass or several to Dan, and playing lots of his music Smiley

Gina - also agree , it'd be a shame to see you go for good from here - keep posting if you can , although not on more private matters.

I have to say as someone not close to where it's all going on - I'm getting the feeling that Dan's condition is very serious. Just want to say that my thoughts are with everyone. I'd say that I was spiritual rather than religious , but I'm sending all the good vibes I can towards Texas - and of course wish you well Dan. More than anything I hope you get to see the film released, and lots of people discovering your stuff. I hear it in my heart, and it'll be cool if the wider world gets it too.

-Henry , that line of yours about the Velvet Underground - spot on man, that's going to happen.

anyway better go for now. Strange writing this in the middle of a very busy office where everyone's working on marketing / comms type stuff. It's all about communicating to people eh Smiley

Jocookie
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 01:03:51 PM »

I'm with dbeefy, although i don't know the full story my thoughts are with Daniel and his family at this time.
I keep thinking back to when I met him in May after a show at the Cluny in Newcastle. I talked (talked being a bit of an exageration as i was a bit awestruck) to him after the show, he signed my C.D's and was really sweet to me. I hate to think that coming to England stressed him out in any way and really hope I will see him perform again someday.
In the meantime I too will be sending all the positive vibes I can manage towards Daniel while listening to my favourite songs and reflecting on the past year.
Let's hope Daniel gets all the help he needs and is well enough to enjoy a happy and peaceful Christmas with his friends and family, Jo x.
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 11:43:29 AM »

Update!

Altho I don't want to go into anything medical, since all of that stuff is not totally solved yet, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been told that Daniel's making progress!

He's not out of the woods yet, as he is dealing with a serious health crisis...but, rays of light at the end of the tunnel back to US have begun to show through his angelic spirit!á

I've happily received news this morning that when he comes 'round, he is his regular loving self, and Dick has even heard him singing a song to a nurse! What a sweetheart our superhero is!

Also, even though he may still be in the hospital in January, I have been given the full OK by the family to proceed with my trip plans to visit him during the second week of the month!

YIPPEE!!!!

Gina

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
cheddarcat
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 07:15:16 AM »

I just want to say thank you for the updates gina and please don't leave the forum.
people seem to get so "possessive" of dan..... you seem like a genuinely nice and authentic person who obviously cares about dan and isn't trying to "exploit" him in any way. so- god bless.
once again i've been out of loop and haven't been following this thread til just now so i hope the improvement in his health continues, please let us know! and when you visit give him a hug from 'judy/cheddarcat in boston,' if he remembers me& it seems appropriate.. etc. etc.
happy thoughts, healthy thoughts for dan & his family
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 12:15:48 PM »

Thanks, Cheddar -

Yep - Dan has a true blue friend in me - too bad I live in Cali, though - but, at least I can visit him now and again - and buy his artwork smiley

Well - I look forward to seeing him for a few days in January, and 'presenting' our fan-forum gift to him then.á Even if he's still in the hospital at that point in time, it would certainly brighten up his stay there!

Gina

PS - Time has passed, and I have decided to 'hang in' on the forum, but to be selective about what threads I post in and to keep my friendship with Dan private - other than to now be known as a recently-formed friend of his.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to stick around.

- Shawshank Redemption
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 06:25:47 PM »

Gina~

I'm happy with both stuck around.

This is a good thing.
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 06:38:59 PM »

Hi, Jordy -

I assume you meant that 'we both stuck around' -

If so, "Yes - that's a good thing."

See you around here!
Happy Holidays,

Gina

- Shawshank Redemption
zabraski
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 11:10:44 PM »

well ive been away from all news for the past few weeks after my epic roadtrip in moving from vegas to austin.

So have just read the news regarding dan,  i send my best wishes and hope he pulls though...Hes always been a fighter and shall be back and puching joe soon.

dunno what i can do to help, but if theres an address for me to send a card or to visit, please let me know.
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2005, 12:42:06 AM »

Gina~

I'm happy with both stuck around.

This is a good thing.

Yes this is a good thing! It is why this forum is here!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2005, 07:34:07 AM »

Zabraski-

Hope move went well. I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere..."Vegas to Austin: A Story."
Anyway, the address to send get well greetings, Xmas cards or what have you is this:

Daniel Johnston
6117 Magnolia
Katy, Texas 77484

The address to send prayers, wishes, and positive healing thoughts is:

Behind Your Eyes
Quietly
Inward and Outward to the Powers That Be

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile