Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 08:15:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Daniel's health
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Daniel's health  (Read 34371 times)
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 11:50:02 AM »

Just wanted to clarify - From what I have been told by Dick and by the nurses, Dan is 'not unconscious' (not in a coma, in other words - I don't want what Jeff wrote to confuse anyone).  As far as I know, he is very heavily sedated, though.

Also, I am traveling to San Diego tomorrow, to visit my manic-depressive sister, and then to Texas on Monday, to "hopefully" get to visit Dan -

I return home next Thursday, and will post again about Dan's health then -

Keep sending your positive thoughts, and prayers, his way -
Gina

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt Gina. The message I was trying to pass along as nicely as possible is that most of Daniel's friends don't look to the message board for permission to visit and more friends than I can count on one hand think you should butt out and mind your own business. But I'm sure others feel the same about me.   evil

By the way congratulations on becoming a news source.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-11/29.shtml
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 06:45:10 PM by Stress Records » Logged

Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 07:29:59 PM »

One quick thing to add - if anything I've said in this thread causes Daniel to spend less time alone that's GREAT! Even if he ends up being guarded around the clock from me that's fine as long as someone is there. He spent too much time alone over the weekend and my guess is that won't happen again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 07:31:27 PM by Stress Records » Logged

Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 07:55:01 PM »

Seriously, Jeff. You're coming off really arrogant here. If that's how you do "nicely as possible", it ain't very nice.

In fact, it's down right nasty.

If "...most of Daniel's friends don't look to the message board for permission to visit..." then what does it matter? This Forum is for his fans, far and wide. Not everyone has had the pleasure to know him for 30 years and sell his art and tapes. But that certainly in no way lessens the integrity or sincerity of friends (and fans) who have known him for a short time. It's not a competition. It's respect.

And "...more friends than I can count on one hand think you should butt out and mind your own business..." is totally uncalled for. Jesus.

I really struggled over posting anything here in response, Jeff, because honestly it's NOT ABOUT YOU. But after some reflection, I wanted to point out that you're the one coming off insensitive here, not somebody else. It's a scary thing when someone you love is ill, especially ill in the hospital with the kinds of issues Daniel is dealing with. So I'm sure you're stressed more than usual and maybe not thinking before hitting "Post." It's understandable. Just try to be aware that your comments are sounding hurtful, jealous, paranoid and manipulative. And I'm not turning this into a personal attack, either. I'm just letting you know the intentions of his friends and fans are ALL GOOD. Okay?

I truly thank Gina for her updates and honesty, and know that she takes our prayers and Positive Energy with her on her upcoming visit to Daniel.

Keep us posted, Gina, and good luck with your visit with your sister!

Keep Punchin Joe.

PS.  ..."guarded around the clock from me..."   Huh? What the...?

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 08:03:04 PM »

Thanks for comments/feedback Henry. I take anything you have to say very seriously.

Just to clarify I wasn't refering to myself when I mentioned someone knowing him 30 years as I've known him a few years less than that. And the "being guarded" comment was in reference my not expecting to be welcomed back after all this soap opera stuff. Again no attack perceived in what you say and I appreciate it. Hopefully the thread will return to Daniel and his health.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:41:04 PM by Stress Records » Logged

Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 12:44:39 PM »

By the way congratulations on becoming a news source.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-11/29.shtml

Just to keep facts very clear John from Important Records was the person who informed the tripwire, not Gina.
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »

I want to let my fellow fans know that:

1) I ended my friendship with Jeff T.

2) I am going to sign-off of this forum after Dan's housewarming gift is completed, to minimize the targets of Jeff's displeasure - my friendshgip with Dan will continue in private, where all of his friendships belong -

3) I have asked Dick to update Dan's fans if and when there is a significant change in his condition - I am sure that he will post as need be -

4) About my trip - although the family OK'd my visiting, it was also suggested that I delay my trip until a time when Dan can 'be fully present' for it -

I decided to do so, and so I will NOT be traveling to Texas on Monday, after all -

I think that covers it -

You will only see me on the housewarming threads now -

I will be praying, along with everyone else who cares about Dan, that he recovers fully and can actually enjoy his new home -

Respectfully, Gina164
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS - one last thing - to Jeff: this will be my LAST time addressing you -

PLEASE take a good long look at your behaviors on here, and via e-mail. etc

Your attacks against Dan's family are 'sad,' basically - and simply, 'mean' - please leave them alone....and me, too -

One other thing -  your post about Laurie is 'sick' - please leave her alone, too -
Try to cope with your feelings without acting out against everyone else in Dan's life - you may find it less 'stress'-ful on everyone, including you, in the long run...as Henry, so wisely told you, this is NOT ABOUT YOU.

- Shawshank Redemption
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 04:18:15 PM »

Gina I thought I was through with this thread last night but you seem to be insisting on some kind of response. It isn't about me and it isn't about you.  I tried to let you know that some of what you were posting was offensive and untrue. I've been put in place - Henry chastized me quite thoroughly without it sounding like a personal attack. You're the one going on and on and on. Your references to me attacking anyone in his family are overstated and it seems to me your latest comment about Laurie is out of line. Can we stop this now and go back to the subject matter?

David Cauchi
Casper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 07:38:36 PM »

On ya, Gina. Kia kaha.

Jesus Jeff, you're a piece of work, aren't you? Two out of the last three times I've popped in here for a gander I've been blown away by your antics. And on this thread in particular ... unbelievable.

God I hope Dan's unaware of all this crap.
God Dylan
Lazy Bum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 10:19:40 AM »

It's Sunday, my day of rest.  Is there a current update on Mr. Johnston's condition?

Thanks!

God
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »

I can't seem to sleep much these days. I find myself thinking of all the great times I've had with Dan. We've helped each other out in so many ways. I can't help but laugh at times too. I'm lucky to have met Dan and spent so much time with him. We have a lot or running jokes that have been going on for years. We have played hours of music for one another. I have watched him around the world play his music live for others.

Right now is the time to remember all the good.

Danny loves Xmas. Wehn I see a tree or lights I think of him now. I remember talking with Dan last July and when I was about to hang up the phone he wished me a merry xmas.

Being the good Jew that I am I put up a xmas tree in my apartment last night. Everytime I hung a ball it made me smile. I'm going to party a little harder this xmass. A little for me and a lot for Dan.

Remember, with all the limitations Dan has had in his life time he is an over achiever. He’s a champion. He’s a hero.

Let hope the New Year does right by Dan.
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »

YES!

He IS a hero, Jordy. A symbol for anybody with a dream and a heart the size of a Texas ham. And the story ain't even on chapter 3 yet. What is to come, I have no doubt, will blow us all away. Certainly his music will spread and catch fire once the film comes out, but I'm talking years from now. The way 16 year old kids now mention that they are  influenced by The Velvet Undergound.  A record that nobody bought almost 40 years ago but heard around the world in the coolest bedrooms, headphones and living rooms. Even on the turntables of Heads of State!

He is a symbol to anyone out there that goes against the ****ing machine: You don't have to be skinny, wear black, eat vegetarian or save the damn rainforests to make it. Hell, you don't even have to be necessarily good looking!

If you got talent, a vision, and a belief that what you are doing means something, you can be whatever you think you'll be. Daniel represents that for me. Completely.

Man, when I was a kid, all I wanted to be was an artist. Comic books, album covers, Picasso...it didn't matter. I just really believed in what I loved more than anything: Creating stuff. Here I am, 43. Painting, drawing, writing...creating everyday. Surrounded by paintings, about to marry a fellow artist, living in a working studio! This past Friday I had a show at the Wilmington Public Library of 32 new pieces, sold 6 of them and made over 2 Grand. (Bought myself a warm leather wool-lined winter coat for $109.00!!!) Point is, Daniel reminds me, when things get a little hairy between shows, or the rent is due, or the muses have gone to sleep for the night, to NEVER QUIT. NEVER. Never give in to the naysayers, the critics. Let the non-believers be.

So, yeah, Christmas and Daniel? Makes sense to me, like Dicken's Christmas Carol and Dean Martin singing "Baby it's Cold Outside." It all comes down to Faith, brother, and for me, Daniel is the epitome of Faith.

May the powers that be protect him, and nourish him back to good health!

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 07:15:32 PM »

YES!

He IS a hero, Jordy. A symbol for anybody with a dream and a heart the size of a Texas ham. And the story ain't even on chapter 3 yet. What is to come, I have no doubt, will blow us all away. Certainly his music will spread and catch fire once the film comes out, but I'm talking years from now. The way 16 year old kids now mention that they are  influenced by The Velvet Undergound.  A record that nobody bought almost 40 years ago but heard around the world in the coolest bedrooms, headphones and living rooms. Even on the turntables of Heads of State!

He is a symbol to anyone out there that goes against the ****ing machine: You don't have to be skinny, wear black, eat vegetarian or save the damn rainforests to make it. Hell, you don't even have to be necessarily good looking!

If you got talent, a vision, and a belief that what you are doing means something, you can be whatever you think you'll be. Daniel represents that for me. Completely.

Man, when I was a kid, all I wanted to be was an artist. Comic books, album covers, Picasso...it didn't matter. I just really believed in what I loved more than anything: Creating stuff. Here I am, 43. Painting, drawing, writing...creating everyday. Surrounded by paintings, about to marry a fellow artist, living in a working studio! This past Friday I had a show at the Wilmington Public Library of 32 new pieces, sold 6 of them and made over 2 Grand. (Bought myself a warm leather wool-lined winter coat for $109.00!!!) Point is, Daniel reminds me, when things get a little hairy between shows, or the rent is due, or the muses have gone to sleep for the night, to NEVER QUIT. NEVER. Never give in to the naysayers, the critics. Let the non-believers be.

So, yeah, Christmas and Daniel? Makes sense to me, like Dicken's Christmas Carol and Dean Martin singing "Baby it's Cold Outside." It all comes down to Faith, brother, and for me, Daniel is the epitome of Faith.

May the powers that be protect him, and nourish him back to good health!

WELL SAID UNCLE GUMMO!!!
I WISH I WOULD HAVE WROTE THAT!!!

Seems like almost everday is X-Mas time for Daniel! When I first started to correspond with him thats how almost every conversation ended!

I expect a stocking full of good health and happy ending that a hero is worthy of!

Hang in there Dan!

Keep Punching Joe!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Gammon Records
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 09:50:19 AM »

Henry,

Man, you said it (and you said it very well).

I'm not sure what I can do to make things better other then "talk with God". I have never really done that before but I've been trying.

The waiting is the hardest part. That and not knowing. It pulls me down and makes me over think. It keeps me up at night.

The one thing I see on the boards is to many hurt feelings. What's it all worth anyways? And why does it happen?

We all need to rise up now. We need to do what's right for Daniels folks and for Daniel himself.

All of us need to count our blessings this Holiday.

gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 11:38:40 AM »

Hi, All  -

Glad to see many hearts embracing what matters most - LOVE and gratitude.

I had a good trip to visit my sis - her meds have been changed and she is more coherent and happy than I've seen her in a long time - I, of course, thought of Dan and hoped the same for him, in time -

Some people chose to e-mail me - just to let you know, my computer crashed last week and although I can still access this site, I am unable to send any e-mails from my computer right now...so, I will need to borrow a friend's computer to reply to each of you -

I wanted to address something, though - One forum member tried to dissuade me from leaving the forum - that was nice, but I have since realized that I really do prefer to keep my friendship with Dan, and his family, private now.

One last thing I wanted to say here -

Dan is the most honest man I have ever met - what his fans hear in his songs and see in his artwork IS who he is - he has the heart of an angel, but unfortunately haunted by demons.

Praying is not my forte, also -

Still....I pray that angels now surround Dan...and are leading him to wherever he is meant to go...

Selfishly, I also pray that Dan will have a healthy Christmas and a wonderful new year - because I want him to experience:

His new home
The movie release
and, the MANY new fans to follow...

Staying strong, and hoping that Dan can too -
Gina

- Shawshank Redemption
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length