Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2019, 05:43:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  YipJumpFORUM
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  hey people
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hey people  (Read 6284 times)
zabraski
Harley Man

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 08:27:07 PM »

am new to this forum but have been on and around the site since it begun, i think i was the first one to send in some fan pics...

Anyway for some reason ive been reading the forum for ages but havent signed up.....mainly due to myself being busy!!

But anyway enough is enough, time to meet you fine gals and guys, all being fans the great man..

A bit about myself, i "found" Daniel back in 1990 after hearing some cassettes being played at a small record shop in london, immediately i was fasinated and was able to track down where these cassettes came from...
Thank you Jeff for sending me every one...

From there it became a serious obsession to get everything avaliable by this great songwriter...

Then something amazing happened, something i never thought would happen(after reading all the stories)(
YES he was going to play the Highbury Garage in London, of course i bought a ticket and persuaded about 15 sceptical fans to come along,..by the end of the show..all were blown away.
And it even got better with myself being able to meet Daniel and have a little chat about the Beatles.

So now im living in the states, Daniel basically convinced me to become a musician/songwriter, ive had plenty of chances to get signed and put stuff out in the past but just dont trust or like the record industry(not all but most of it)...so now i prefer to record stuff myself and put it out...maybe im a complete idiot for not taking up some offers who knows?!?!?!

im soon to be moving to Austin in november and am looking forward to playing gigs and finally watching tons of good bands again(at present im living somewhere in america where the music scene doesnt really exsist........unless your an elvis impersinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway. nice to meet you all...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 08:28:52 PM by zabraski » Logged
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:24:09 PM »

Go Johnny, Go!
I love it when someone follows their dream.

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:25:29 PM »

Cool.

Glad to hear you won't be far from Dan Smiley

Gina

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 12:21:55 PM »

Hey Z welcome to the board! Let me know when you get to Austin.

Best wishes,
Jeff

zabraski
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:15:12 PM »

will do jeff, i believe your the one who sent me the tapes??? correct?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length