Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 04:27:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  NOT Daniel Johnston
| |-+  Outsider Art
| | |-+  grievances cover
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: grievances cover  (Read 18879 times)
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2005, 09:40:12 PM »

Hi,
 Love this tune along with 100 others of Daniels. Hope you guys like this cover. Its pretty lofi the way it should be. Smiley

http://66.49.233.143/mp3/grievances.mp3

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
favorhouseatlantic
Frankenstein

dropped his last dime in a wishing well

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:24:46 PM »

i like it. good job.
yeah, i was thinking about doing a cover of some things last a long time, but beck already did it, the bastard!
yeah, but good job. i like your voice and your guitar playing is nice as well.

suburban memories
lonelyloner
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:28:50 PM »

This is good Dill! I like your voice, it reminds me of a drunk guy or something. The sound quality sounds like an old 33, great job!!

yo no se
favorhouseatlantic
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:29:35 PM »

hey! my name is dillon. we're practically related! wink

suburban memories
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 11:00:31 PM »

i like it. good job.
yeah, i was thinking about doing a cover of some things last a long time, but beck already did it, the bastard!
yeah, but good job. i like your voice and your guitar playing is nice as well.  hey! my name is dillon. we're practically related!

Great song but yeah Beck did it. I had the same thoughts about Walking The Cow but it has been done by so many people already. Thanks for the compliments and its good to meet you Dillon, my real name is Dan but I'm in a indie band called Dillweed http://www.dillweedmusic.com hence the name Dill.   grin

This is good Dill! I like your voice, it reminds me of a drunk guy or something. The sound quality sounds like an old 33, great job!!

That is very kind of you to say that you like my voice. Several others have told me I sound drunk when I sing. I never touch alcohol though due to a odd reaction it gives me. I'm glad you liked the old 33 quality of it, that was very intentional.

Thanks a million for listening, I hope to chat with more of you soon.
lonelyloner
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 02:04:30 AM »

shocked I know your band Dan! Have you ever heard of the NFC? cheesy How did you manage to get that sound quality? Tape player or what?

yo no se
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:41:10 PM »

shocked I know your band Dan! Have you ever heard of the NFC? cheesy How did you manage to get that sound quality? Tape player or what?

Oh yeah I have heard of the NFC. Hi, How are you? I posted this song there too in hopes to educate some folks on DJ. The sound quality is a funny story, I just got this really nice condenser mic and wanted to try it out so I picked this cover to record quickly. Once recorded it sounded way too clean so I ran it through a bunch of filters and got it to sound like an old 33. Love that type of sound. Smiley
favorhouseatlantic
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 12:57:47 PM »

Oh yeah I have heard of the NFC. Hi, How are you? I posted this song there too in hopes to educate some folks on DJ. The sound quality is a funny story, I just got this really nice condenser mic and wanted to try it out so I picked this cover to record quickly. Once recorded it sounded way too clean so I ran it through a bunch of filters and got it to sound like an old 33. Love that type of sound. Smiley
don't make fun of me for asking this, but what exactly is a '33' sound?

suburban memories
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 05:08:03 PM »

I won't make fun , back in the day vinyl records used to be at 33 or 45 speed.

33's were albums..

And can I say that it's a bloody good cover, lovely crackling sounds, and a great performance. You nailed it man.

favorhouseatlantic
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 07:09:19 PM »

I won't make fun , back in the day vinyl records used to be at 33 or 45 speed.

33's were albums..

ah! i thought so. i know that because my record player upstairs is older than i am and it slows down and speeds up every minute. and then i asked my dad and he told me to turn it to '33'. yeah...

suburban memories
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 11:26:16 PM »

And can I say that it's a bloody good cover, lovely crackling sounds, and a great performance. You nailed it man.

Thanks a million dbeefy. Daniel is such a great songwriter!

ah! i thought so. i know that because my record player upstairs is older than i am and it slows down and speeds up every minute. and then i asked my dad and he told me to turn it to '33'. yeah...

Yeah like dbeefy said a 33 is a LP record. I wouldn't make fun of you for not knowing but it does make me feel a bit aged. I remember buying the LP of "Hi, How Are You" because I liked the cover. At the time I had more records than cds. Anyway, I really liked it and recently realized that most of DJ's stuff is out on cd now. Still I love my vinyl copy. It just sounds "right" when compared to disc.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 11:27:56 PM by dill » Logged
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 05:07:36 AM »

I was listening to the original recording I did before the lofi filter and thought I would share to see if anyone liked it better or if the "old 33 feel" works better.

http://66.49.233.143/mp3/greivances(clean).mp3

Thanks again for the kind words. Also, I wanted to thank Daniel Johnston for staying true to art. Been listening to Fun recently. Great stuff!
Hand Hat
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »

cool version. i read a few of the posts about this thread along the way and i like
what you did with the sound. its always fun messing it up to make it sound right.

hope you are happy

sorry x
www.myspace.com/handhat
dill
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »

Thank you Hand Hat!  grin
All the best to you and yours!
I ARE 1031
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 09:51:02 PM »

cool version. i read a few of the posts about this thread along the way and i like
what you did with the sound. its always fun messing it up to make it sound right.

hope you are happy

sorry x
www.myspace.com/handhat

I like it, good job man.  afro
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length