Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 06:39:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  PLEASE HELP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 4611 times)
cisumevil
Frankenstein

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:32:50 AM »

Hi Everyone Cheesy

Why can't I burn anything that I get out of the members area to Audio?

This is what I'm using!

I'm on a Mac G4, Trying to burn the MP3s on Toast and I can't cry

Messages I get are:

Is a corrupted MPEG file?

or

Only 16 bit / 44KHz sound can be written

I've tried heaps of different conversion software and nothing works. You see I don't have a computer at home and do all this stuff at work, I can listen to them at work but not many people in the office appreciate the amazing talents of DJ (thier loss). I would love to be able to burn all the stuff from the members section to Audio so I could listen at home.

PLEASE someone HELP me seeing all these GREAT selections in the members area is like  being a blind man at a strip club.

It's just not fair cry  cry  cry

Regards Ryan
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 07:59:43 PM »

Hmmm..... maybe because it's at your work they have the computer set so you can't burn cds.
cisumevil
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:40:17 AM »

But I burn heaps of other Bootleg CDs rolleyes

I've tried so many conversion programes can anyone recomend a good software package to burn CDs (Free) I'm currently using Toast on a G4 Mac running OS 9.2.

Thru Itunes I can convert the MP3s to a AIFF format, but my version of toast will still not accept them cry
cisumevil
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 03:50:40 AM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
\
Yeah I've done it Cheesy  cheesy  Tongue
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 07:24:45 PM »

Most digital-audio managing applications are limited in what they will handle - partly because of licensing of technology and partly because there are SO MANY formats out there.

For MP3, it can be stored in so many different combinations of bit and kHz resolutions that most applications simply don't handle it.

You need to get an audio tool that can read ANY mp3 format and then write it back out at the 16 bit 44 kHz that your CD burning software requires (or use another CD buringing tool - Windows XP Media Player version 9 will burn CDs).

The resolution of the MEMBERS AREA MP3's is reduced to MONO (instead of stereo) where there is no stereo, and lower bit and kHz resolutions to reduce the size of the MP3.

For MEMBERS AREA material that can be bought on CD, the highest available resolution is available on that CD.

Where to go for software?  

Try www.goldwave.com shareware and following their instructions for locating and installing MP3 drivers.    Then you can load any mp3 and save it as a different resolution.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length