Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 12:37:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Daniel asked me on several occassions to record with him
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daniel asked me on several occassions to record with him  (Read 10614 times)
No One
« on: May 13, 2004, 05:56:19 PM »

evil
Do you know that Daniel just last month asked me to go down to Texas and record with him?  And that he asked me to record with him back in August, but I couldn't go because I was too busy with work?  And that he would pay all my expenses?  Guess that means either:
1.  He has pity on my meager talents, and is only being kind, or
2.  He respects me as a musician and genuinely wants to record with me.
What do you think, Mr. Moderator?
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 01:31:33 AM »

Quote from: No One
:evil:
Do you know that Daniel just last month asked me to go down to Texas and record with him?  And that he asked me to record with him back in August, but I couldn't go because I was too busy with work?  And that he would pay all my expenses?  Guess that means either:
1.  He has pity on my meager talents, and is only being kind, or
2.  He respects me as a musician and genuinely wants to record with me.
What do you think, Mr. Moderator?

Is this question only for the moderator? And is it only about you? Or can the rest of us who Daniel calls and offers to pay if we come record with him answer too?

With me, I'd say it's probably 50/50.

Though to be fair you need to also include:

3. He's bored out of his gourd in Waller, TX and would probably even be glad to pay to fly Gilbert Godfried in from L.A. if he had his number.

Oh, and speaking of such things, um, Mr. Moderator... are the songs I sent you from the February 2004 sessions (By the "Lizard Bugs" - Dan, me, and Jerm Pollet) gonna go up in the members only section? Or are you waiting for a CD-R with more tracks since I only sent you a short cassette so far?)

- Not Daniel

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 09:08:12 AM »

As you may see, thereīs more than one moderator on this forum area.

Moderators: Disfranchise, Stallion, HenryLong

I believe that all have the "same status"....
So Who is Mr Moderator???

I think youīre adressing to Dejected.

Ray, we all know youīre a friend of Daniel and his Family, so....it makes more weird of you to behave like that on the forum......
but thatīs not my business.....my business here is very simple,
Itīs  just to keep the forums "clean" and user-friendly. Delete "flooding" from guests users, and useless posts from others.......But all moderators and admins can do that too!

My personal opinion is that Daniel is very kind and wanted to call an old friend to record....just that.......play some songs, have a good time, laugh a little.......so..............no need for PARANOIA!!!!!!!!

Love to hear that organ music...........
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 11:23:23 AM »

evil
To notdaniel's remarks about Daniel wanting to record with any old schmo:

I thought daniel was a big deal, with world-wide world-class recognition and beating off admirers, famous and otherwise, with a stick!  What's this I hear?  Why is it Eddie Vedder and David Bowie like him so much, and yet he has to call up a bunch of nobodies like you and me to fill his "bored out his gourd" hours recording?  What???
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 11:28:07 AM »

Ray,
I deleted your last post.

Be polite, or at least, act like a grown up, and your posts may fit on this forum. Other way, it would be a pleasure to keep deleting ......itīs quicker for me to delete them (just 2 mouse clicks) than itīs for you to write (or cop-paste) them.......so donīt waste your precious time an go write some music!

Love to hear that organ music...........
see what i mean
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 01:17:46 PM »

see what i mean.  you deleted my truthful posts.
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 08:05:31 PM »

sounds to me that ray is jealous!!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 08:10:07 PM »

not jealous.
disappointed.
disappointed that daniel apparently calls up folks all over the country  and offers to fly them down to "record".
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 09:44:14 PM »

I don't know who this Ray person is but he's clearly no friend of Daniel's.

wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 11:03:49 PM »

thats exactly what i was thinking!!! and if he was by some chance what would daniel think of all the stuff ray posts up here and how rude he is towards his fans and family? if he is friends with daniel he is suffering from some type of multiple personality disorder and needs medical help!!! i seriously doubt daniel would want to hang out with some sad miserable and seemingly friendless and bitter at the world turd that this guy seems to be!!

SIMPSON & ASHFORD.................**** give me a break!! who buys k-tel records anymore!!!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 11:39:11 PM »

I've said it elsewhere here, earlier tonight in fact, but after deleting for the first time a ****load of cut-and-paste excerpts from the Nietzsche primer, courtesy of the Amazing Guest Ghost, I've feel it's worth repeating:

That's the thing with Nietzsche (and Zarathustra's problem as well):
People can use their words to defend or encourage all kinds of ****.

Seriously, man.
Whenever I have reason to doubt what I might say or write or act upon, I ask myself, "Is this for the greater good?" and proceed from an honest response from my heart. If something may be hurtful, or coming from my own personal fear or pain, does it really need to be shared? We've all had the experience of being disrespected or intentionally wounded by another's words or actions, so we must ask ourselves "Is this worth continuing the hurt?" and go from there.

My humble advice, and it is only that, is to best use this forum to celebrate the remarkable creativity and sensitivity this truly nice guy Daniel Johnston has brought into the world, correspond with each other over like interests and activities, and leave the crap for either your therapist (who gets paid to listen to it) or whatever friends and relatives you may have who do not have a problem suffering fools.

Or maybe take up a nice hobby, like puzzles.

Or volunteering at the local SPCA.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I just think in this case, it would be for the greater good.

...and in response to any and all future chapters from the Reader's Digest Condensed Discourses from the Enlightened Captain Fantastic on the subject of Mr. Friedrich Nietzsche....

See Kyle or Stan here,
looking at Cartman in disgust and/or disbelief:

"Wow, dude. You suck. I mean, you really, really suck."

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length