Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 08:55:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  yahoo!! mountain dew!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: yahoo!! mountain dew!!  (Read 14211 times)
ERIC-THE ALL-NATURAL MAN
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 06:22:31 AM »

I met him in Boston in 2005. He was at the bar drinking a coke and these 2 guys that had interviewed him for their fanzine asked me if I knew who that was. I said "of course". they said he was in a good mood. Just then he walked out the door to the street to have a cigarette. I said "FuK it" followed him out. I started to say hello. HE BEAT ME TO IT! He said "Hi, would you like a cigarette?" I said "no thanks". I asked him how his travels had been. he said "ok". Then he opened right up for about 15-20 minutes.
He did most of the talking. It was alot about the movie and how his favorite part was "dressing as a ghost". We spoke of Jack Kirby and touched on every topic you might expect (Beatles, etc.) The most striking thing about it was how genuine he seemed. He didn't seem awkward at all. I went back to my hotel room and stared at my self in the mirror for 10 minutes telling myself "you just hung out w/ Daniel Johnston" I have to admit it was surreal to meet him after listening to his music every day for 10 years (at that point). Very cool guy..............
OhJoy
Spook

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »

wOw, thanks for the story. Loved it.

Lucky Eric
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length