Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2019, 11:48:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  YipJumpFORUM
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  RE: Daniel Johnston - The Ottobard, MD 5/13/07
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RE: Daniel Johnston - The Ottobard, MD 5/13/07  (Read 6734 times)
GlenSColen
Lazy Bum

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »

Hey - Does anyone have the set list from last night's show?
Also, who was the *SMOKING HOT* chick guitarist from the first half of the set?
Thanks!
glen
I ARE 1031
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »

I dunno, it's probably some girl from a local band...he's been using local bands as his backing band for most of the tour.
I ARE 1031
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »

I looked around for 2-3 minutes and I think her name is Abby McGivney.

http://www.myspace.com/abbymcgivney
GlenSColen
Lazy Bum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »

wow - thanks!
She's SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!
...now what about that setlist?
allseeingi
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »

I was there as well.  It was amazing.  Before the show, when my friend and I were standing at the front of the room, he walked in and came to look at the stage.  I was the only person in the room who approached him for an autograph and I am so happy I did so. 

I saw the setlist and he didn't really play what was on it after a certain point (for example, it had Funeral Home on it, but that wasn't played).  From memory, he did Mask, Speeding Motorcycle, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Go, Worried Shoes, Devil Town, Bloody Rainbow, True Love Will Find You in the End, and a few others. 

After the show I took the water bottle he left on stage.  It was a great experiance.
saulsbury
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 04:46:02 AM »

This was my first DJ show and it was unreal.  I was there with my 2 sons.  We said hi to Dan before the show and went to the record store with him for a few minutes.

He also played Mean Girls Give Pleasure (?) and a great song whose lyrics included "Mama" - I don't know the song, and admit, I am a bit of a newbie.

The sound wasn't great for the girl band (Abby).  She was okay, sounded a little Liz Phair-ish.  I enjoyed the 2nd band, Jason Dove.  He was a decent guitar player with some catchy tunes.  I met him also.

Daniel's voice was strong and he seemed really happy to perform.  I had to review some of my DVD, of course, after the show.  Parts of his story make me sad, but ultimately there is hope, and he spreads joy to those around him. 

I was really touched when he said something like, "Merry Christmas, and I hope all the best holidays you had will happen again," or words to that effect.  I wish I had a film of the show . . .

Dude, you got his water bottle - that's great. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length