Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 08:02:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Yip Jump Movie!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yip Jump Movie!  (Read 12426 times)
tuna ketchup
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2003, 03:30:31 PM »

I was wondering if perhaps anyone has more information/ speculation/ rumors or whatever about the documentary that was supposedly being made by the guy who did the one on Half Japanese.  It would definitely be cool to know more about it... or if it is actually coming to fruition or not.

thanks

dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 03:48:19 PM »

FYI, there is ANOTHER documentary in progress - a 30 minute one - by Brit musician / producer Hank Starrs.  It includes music, animation, and some recent footage / interviews of Daniel.   The timetable for it is not certain, but probably another 6-8 months to completion.  It should show on UK public television and perhaps some film festivals.
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 12:07:31 AM »

The rumors that this is a computer generated forgery are false.  smiley
 Cheesy
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 12:13:17 AM »

DOCUMENTARY FILM ON DANIEL JOHNSTON

"Documentary filmmaker Jeff Feuerzeig, the Director of the critically acclaimed Half Japanese: The Band That Would Be King is hard at work making the still untitled feature length Daniel Johnston documentary. Jeff is collaborating with Independent Producer Henry Rosenthal on this Super 16mm production. As most of you Daniel fans on the site already know - Jad Fair of Half Japanese is a longtime collaborator of Daniel Johnston and for those on the site that might not have seen Half Japanese: The Band That Would Be King, the film features a beautiful version of Jad Fair singing Daniel's "Tears Stupid Tears."

The DVD and VHS of Half Japanese: The Band That Would Be King is available on-line through Vanguard Releasing and most on-line retailers like Amazon.com. The DVD features a Directors Commentary with Jeff Feuerzeig as well as lots of bonus material."

http://www.vanguard-cinema.com/halfjap/index.html
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 12:14:30 AM »

Documentary by Jeff Feuerzeig - maker of the critically acclaimed film "Half Japanese - the band that would be king"  -

DOCUMENTARY FILM ON DANIEL JOHNSTON

Film maker / producer Jeff Feuerzeig is collaborating with independent producer Henry Rosenthal on a major motion picture documentary about Daniel - the project having gone on for over a year will probably not be released until 2004!
Some follow-up filming for the documentary film is taking place this week in Texas.

Where to buy "HALF JAPANESE - the Band the would be king:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003IPFA/rejectedunkno-20
E-A-L
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 07:37:59 AM »

i've heard from my source that the full length will be released in 2005.

"when they had played, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken."
dinmusicjf
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 09:08:12 AM »

Blake,

Hi.  Jeff Feuerzeig here, Director of Half Japanese:  The Band That Would Be King and the new Yip! Jump Movie (Working Title).  The film is very much in production and has been for the last two years.  It would be tough to put a finish date on the project as the story of Daniel Johnston is quite a massive undertaking - but I will say that the end is getting closer.  Stay tuned for more news as it becomes available and thanks for your inquiry.

Best,

Jeff Feuerzeig
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:39:12 PM »

Jeff Feuerzeig Rules!
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 10:44:09 AM »

NICE!
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 02:21:03 PM »

yesterday i was in the independent section of the video store and there was a movie called ''growing a beard'' about a beard growing contest in some small boring town alot like the one i live in. well on the back you know how they put quotes by people who have seen the movie and guess who was on there and what it said
''made me want to grow a beard''
jeff feuerzeig- director of the daniel johnston story

could that be the official title and is it right around the corner? the release date?

someone give me some info

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 05:52:39 PM »

It will appear at SUNDANCE and maybe other festivals beginning January 2005 - I'm not sure of the final title...
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 02:08:06 AM »

Quote from: wickedwill
yesterday i was in the independent section of the video store and there was a movie called ''growing a beard'' about a beard growing contest in some small boring town alot like the one i live in. well on the back you know how they put quotes by people who have seen the movie and guess who was on there and what it said
''made me want to grow a beard''
jeff feuerzeig- director of the daniel johnston story

could that be the official title and is it right around the corner? the release date?

someone give me some info

That DVD has been around for a little while. Actually, it says:

"jeff feuerzeig- director of the daniel johnston documentary"

... and I'm sure that is NOT gonna be the title. Wonder why they didn't plug one of his finished films? Must be his way of drawing attention to the work in prograss.

- Not Daniel

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length