Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 03:36:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  You Tube
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You Tube  (Read 8309 times)
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:48:58 AM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7IXct0fsyw

wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:48:40 AM »

Good find!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:34:41 AM »

I finally experienced youtube at a friend's house with wireless. Some amazing Butthole Surfer stuff, among them a 12 minute or so film called "BBQ" which is about as Butthole as it gets. Gibby never fails to entertain.

The Daniel stuff was fun, too, especially some of the lo-fi (what else?!) live recordings of him performing. Oh, and a terrible Eddy Vedder butchering "Walking the Cow" that made me want to to give him a dope slap.

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:35:52 PM »

I finally experienced youtube at a friend's house with wireless. Some amazing Butthole Surfer stuff, among them a 12 minute or so film called "BBQ". The Daniel stuff was fun, too. Oh, and a terrible Eddy Vedder butchering "Walking the Cow".

I've always called that BHS one "Entering Texas" and yes, it is a masterpiece, directed by Alex Winter of "Bill & Ted" fame - as I understand it, that was kinda the "teaser" that led to the feature film "Freaked", altho in the end, Gibby has only a tiny cameo in the movie -- and Paul Leary did some of the musical score. To hear him talk about it, try going here (maybe):
http://images.bhsforumboard.multiply.com/song/1/1607/full/U2FsdGVkX18fkMZsD3NNEsqEeL8GyUIBfciG7rVoOVhf4u2u8u40bWvhOYcTyKKN/Foxtrot%20of%20the%20Freaked%20-%20Poul%20Eerie%20%26%20the%20Mary%20Maladies%20Orchester.VSP.wav

Pearl Jam's version of "WtC" is such a clone of the version by the original Lucky Sperms (members of fIREHOSE/Sonic Youth) that I wonder if Vedder & co. ever even HEARD Daniel's original or if they just learned it straight from their pal Mike Watt.

And golly gosh, you (and Mr. Tartarsauce) have persuaded me to post something new for members of this forum to YouTube -- it's uploading as we speak, but by the time you read this, it should be viewable using the key search words "Johnston", "Diamond", and "Monkees"!

- NotDan

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
zack26
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 08:02:22 AM »

Notdan... that was amazing.  Do you have more of that backyard BBQ?  Did he just do that song with them or others as well?  I love the cuts to the guys dancing... cracked me up. 

Thanks!
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »

Do you have more of that backyard BBQ?  Did he just do that song with them or others as well?  I love the cuts to the guys dancing... cracked me up. 

At the BBQ, Daniel rehearsed two of the 4 songs he planned to play that night; the other one was "Favorite Darling Girl", and the Rats played some classic oldies without him as well.

All the video camera work was, I believe, by Dan's dad - I edited the crowd shots into the clip to give it a faux multi-cam feel (it'd be nice if there were some audience shots from the actual gig that night, too, but no such luck).

Oh, and that's me and my massive sideburns coming into frame just at the word "face" (as in "then I saw her FACE") btw.

- notdan

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 11:37:33 AM »

That version of Haunted House was heart breaking!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length