Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2019, 04:36:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  The New Daniel Johnston Book!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The New Daniel Johnston Book!  (Read 16680 times)
trainwreck
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »

are the official shops for rejectedunknown or danieljohnston.com gonna restart the tapes?
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 06:09:11 PM »

are the official shops for rejectedunknown or danieljohnston.com gonna restart the tapes?

I would assume that, if Jeff was told to stop issuing the tapes, whoever issued the cease & desist order had some sort of plans to take over production.

I don't know much, but I can say that I don't expect Mr. Tartakov to be posting anything on the board about this. Someone from the family should be able to post some info before too long, though, I would hope.

- Notdan

(BTW: I don't know if the discontinuation of the Stress tapes helped any or not, but for the record, my handmade "Don't Be Scared" prototype ("Don't Be Scarred" just sold on Ebay for $1,156.45. Thanks to Daniel, it WILL be a merry Christmas, after all!)

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
zack26
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 06:27:20 PM »

I've been watching your "Don't Be Scarred" tape auction over the last few days - amazing!  I thought it was in the $400 yesterday - congratulations on getting $1156.45!

trainwreck
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »

a songs of pain tape just went for 26 bucks!
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 06:48:05 PM »

a songs of pain tape just went for 26 bucks!

Yep -- they were selling for more than retail on Ebay even BEFORE the Stress lone went OOP. I guess some people don't do their homework before buying. Caveat emptor, as they say.

Oh, here's a simple guide to differentiate between tapes assembled by Daniel from those put together by Jeff: On the hand-written tape labels, Daniel's "e"s look like backwards "3"s with a little loop in the middle. Jeff's "e"s look like, well, like "e"s. However, in most cases, there's no simple way to tell whether a later case has been put on an earlier tape.

- notdan

(BTW: For the sake of accuracy, I should mention that I misspoke somewhat regarding the "Scarred" selling price - it was actually $1,143.65.)

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length