Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:47:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  MEMBER AREA - comments / suggestions / corrections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: MEMBER AREA - comments / suggestions / corrections  (Read 17695 times)
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2003, 12:07:43 AM »

Post your comments / reactions / criticism / suggestions for the www.rejectedunknown.com MEMBERS AREA here.
cisumevil
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 02:46:45 AM »

Cant wait until its fully in swing cheesy

This site will be my new home Cheesy  Keep up the GREAT work "dejected" the fans really THANK you.

Are their going to be lots of recordings available in the future for download?
silly billy
Lazy Bum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 08:33:31 AM »

Great start!   Shocked  Look forward to seeing it develop, ill be stopping by a lot  Cheesy
Pascal
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 10:32:05 AM »

You're doing a great job, these Cassette Archives are incredible. Thanks! btw, Lennon died on December 8 1980 so the cassette is from December not November. Listening to that really brought me back to that fateful day.
keep up the good work
Pascal
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 03:46:38 PM »

Great - I've corrected the date on the members area
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 08:48:31 PM »

Great. My 56Kmodem sucks, so I spent the afternoon at a friend's who has a cable modem and downloaded my first 11 song CD; the MP3's of course, and the new archive material. Now I know how I'll be spending all my weekends. So much for a social life. Thanks alot, guys.
BTW, King Weasel! Hell Yeah!

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
Stallion
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 03:40:36 AM »

Oh my they are great.  Please let's keep it going  Smiley
Doug Sulpy
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 09:00:15 PM »

... Oh, yeah. It's most certainly copyrighted... it's "Apple Suckling Tree" from Dylan's Basement Tapes. No Daniel involvement at all (needless to say, since he would have been about 4 years old when the song was recorded!).

But thanks for everything else! A fantastic start - and it's really nice to know I'm not the only person on earth who seemingly never gets his (or her) fill of Daniel's music... THANKS DEJECTED smiley!!!

Doug
Doug Sulpy
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 06:41:55 PM »

Not to be anal about it, or anything, but the tape was probably recorded in the early morning of December 9th, not December 8th.

Tough listening. Brings all of that back (well, for those of us old enough to remember it... sigh.)

Anyway, what I wanted to mention is that this tape - and the five other songs uploaded to the cassette section for October are now presumably the earliest Daniel recordings we've been able to hear, since Songs of Pain wasn't recorded until 1981.

One thought... it would be nice to have .jpgs of the actual tapes illustrated, although I like the collage as well (I want to hear ALL of those someday, dejected! smiley).

Doug
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 10:17:31 PM »

These are good examples why this feedback is going to be very valuable as the tapes are heard and "interpreted" or dated, etc.   Going off what is written on the labels alone is incomplete at best.

With input from multiple sources and fans, we can probably deduce ourselves into a very accurate interpretation of what each of the tapes are.

So all these comment will become useful in cataloguing these tapes.
Doug Sulpy
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 11:18:20 AM »

First of all, thanks so much for uploading the November numbers! What a treat to hear Dan (and Co.) run through some Beatles songs smiley. Keep 'em coming! smiley

Here's some corrections:

Ray Pickens - Ray is playing a familiar piece (the title of which escapes me), but Dan is reciting the lyrics to Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues."

Move Over = One After 909
Revolution = Revolution 1
Get Back Loretta = Golden Slumbers

smiley

Doug
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2003, 08:46:09 PM »

Doug, you along with Henry Long should probably serve as honorary consultants to all this material before it is made generally available.  You all clearly have iron trap minds about everything musical, and I do not!

Ray starts out with Noregian Concerto, and I don't know what the next is...

Thanks, and keep it coming!
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 05:56:46 PM »

Honorary Consultant?! Yay! Do I get a badge or special hat or something?
Actually, it's just that I have a photographic memory for things that are not that important to anyone else (entire casts of old movies, Star Trek episodes, names of obscure 13th century mystics, original writers and musicians of rock and roll songs...)

I've found that with ART (i.e. Daniel's MUSIC) there can be all kinds of intuitive appropriations. That is as it should be. I'm just interested in following the threads of thought which lead from one thing to another.

Keep up the great work. It really is a treat to have this site up and running.

Anybody interested in maybe doing a few Daniel Wallpapers? A little photoshop/scanner goes a long way!

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
ray pickens
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 07:57:18 PM »

evil
it's not norwegian concerto, it's grieg's concerto in a minor for piano and orchestra.  grieg was norwegian, but that's not the title of the concerto.  maybe some bastardized dumbed-down version for popular consumption by musical morons has that as the title, so that may be where the person in question got that title.
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 05:52:49 PM »

You sound like you know my piano teacher!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length