Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 01:12:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Assistance needed with sound file for Glasgow Stereo gig
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Assistance needed with sound file for Glasgow Stereo gig  (Read 11153 times)
Paul_Kelly
Harley Man

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2003, 04:50:37 PM »

Hello everyone.  I recorded the recent glasgow show and have just converted into a .WAV.  I would like to share this recording via mp3, but it will need a little bit of tweaking before its worth distributing.  The recording is not the best as the microphone collided with people's body parts due to the fact I was stood in a rather awkward part of the venue.  This only happens a few times, but when it does it is rather severe and would need some fixing (or even editing) to make it a listenable recording.  Also, it didn't pick up much of Dan's guitar so I had to muck around with audio editor frequency stuff, though it could do with a bit more work.

The reason I mention this is so that if someone would like to take the .WAV file would like to do a little work on it, then we could put it up somewhere or at least share it through Soulseek.  I would do it myself, but I'm really not too skilled with sound mixing/editing though like I said I've already tweaked it a fraction.  Understanding that the file is 52 minutes of .WAV, it's going to take a long time to transfer, so please only offer to help if you think you can really sort it.  Let me know if anyone's interested.
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 02:50:02 AM »

Hello Paul.

Im an audio engineer and i work with Mastering, so i think i can handle the job. Its difficult to say how good it can be, without listening to it first, but i think i can do it. Im used to do a lot of restoration here.

And of course, work on a Daniel live recording its always great! cheesy

Do you have broadband ? ICQ, Soulseek, etc?

Love to hear that organ music...........
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 10:48:46 PM »

Before you spend too much effort on that, I was actually given a min-disc of the performance from the stage manager.   I don't have a mini-disc player, and I've not yet extracted it's content, but it may prove to be the best possible recording of the event.

When I get the data off there, I'd be happy to share it.
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 10:51:09 PM »

Kewl...
Itd be better to "re-master" it then! cheesy
I have a MD Player here, if youre able to make a copy, send me and ill extract it, remastering, make mp3s, upload to FTP, etc... wink

dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 10:53:38 PM »

You're like in Brazil, right?  Well, I'm not sure how to copy a MD without two MD players / recorders.   I can probably get someone to extract it into a WAV locally, and send that to you.   I'll work on that....
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 11:02:22 PM »

Yup, Im in Brazil...
Well, I think the best way is to send them over as Wav files...Ill do the rest here!

Paul_Kelly
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 07:48:12 AM »

This is good news.  Just wished I hadnt bothered now, I could have concentrated on the gig more!  Ah well.
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 04:37:08 PM »

Hey Paul, were very happy for your help.....it was great.....we will use the MD because the quality will be better.....if you have any other live recordings or material you want to share, we will be thankful!

Paul_Kelly
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 05:52:55 PM »

Quote from: Mindwalk
Hey Paul, were very happy for your help.....it was great.....we will use the MD because the quality will be better.....if you have any other live recordings or material you want to share, we will be thankful!

That's all I've got, but the MD will undoubtedly be better.  The worst sound problems were during 'Love Enchanted' which was one of the set highlights...it's rendered near unlistenable on my recording.  Still, good news!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length