Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 06:17:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  The BBC performances
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The BBC performances  (Read 8864 times)
Doug Sulpy
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2003, 08:23:13 PM »

Thanks for the link to the three Blue Room songs. It was worth sitting through two hours to capture it. The three songs he does, by the way, are "Love Returns," "Mountaintop" and "True Love Will Find You In The End." It's quite interesting to hear a "solo" version of "Mountaintop," which is one of the more "produced" cuts on the new album. However, it sounded - at least on "Mountaintop" and on "True Love" that Dan was on some heavy medication at the time - he sounds sluggish and tired, and the timing on "True Love" is truly bizarre... as if he's playing the song at the usual tempo, but singing it much slower, and that his voice isn't listening to what his guitar is playing.

The announcer also mentions he's done some songs for the John Peel show. Does anyone know if these have been broadcast yet and are available for on-line listening?

Doug
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 09:17:51 PM »

I just listened to him doing "Love Returns", and it was really great...itīs one of my favourites from his latest album....

On mountaintop, he sings  itvery different from the album...but sometimes he does that live....anyway, it is an interesting version...has some kind of Country flavour to it. Itīs too bad Johnny Cash is gone without recording any of Danielīs songs....it would sound terrific

"True Love Will Find You In The End" is also nice, but i heard him doing it with more energy on other live recordings......But you know, itīs always nice to listen to him anyway......but i agree on his singing.....it uses to be better.....

Love to hear that organ music...........
Doug Sulpy
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 09:42:10 PM »

While searching for the Peel Show (unsuccessfully), I did come across this link on the BBC's site... this might be old news to some of you, but it was sure news to me... an entire streaming concert from June 15th, 2002!

www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/newmusic/lineup.shtml
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 09:45:51 PM »

Great! Iīm listening to it right now!!!!

Love to hear that organ music...........
Disfranchise
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 08:39:04 AM »

I love the song "Pain Pain in my hear" that I heard on the BBC performance. This song I never heard about before and it isn't on any album right???   Hope it's on his next album cos it's really greate.
Anyone know anything about this song?Huh??
stareyedsquirrel
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2003, 03:21:50 PM »

I was at the Meltdown gig - it was the first time I ever saw Danny live. It was quite a rare experience, especially seeing him in a sold-out concert hall setting...

By the way, the John Peel website is located here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/index.shtml

Daniel's not in the session list for this week, but it's updated weekly... I would guess, from prior observation, that he'll definitely be broadcast sometime in October.
Disfranchise
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 03:44:12 PM »

The BBC performance includes the greatest version of Bloody Rainbow I've heard yet. I believe that this is the way the song it intended to be sung because the chorus, especially the first one, is really catchy.
The performance also includes unknown songs like the song "Pain, Pain in my heart" (anyone know anything about it, titel, etc?) which I mentioned in my latest reply on this matter.
A long time since I've heard Daniel sing in the right key and rythm when playing guitar and it sounds really good. Compare to the live recordings on the members area!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length