Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 12:24:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Website Forum
| | |-+  Songs promoting Daniel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Songs promoting Daniel  (Read 14615 times)
Disfranchise
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2004, 06:01:46 PM »

Every week or so (recently it's been more frequently) you've been putting up songs on the website so that visitors can get a glimpse of what Daniel's all about.
From what I understand you pick both old and new stuff so that the visitors can see that he's not an ex-artist but very much in the process of writing songs still today. It's a very good idea indeed. I am however a bit disappointed with the songs you pick out. Ofcourse there's no way that you could please everyone and make a selection that will make all of Daniel's fans content. Every now and then there is a song that showcases Daniel's brilliance but mostly (in my opinion) the songs you put up doesn't . I think the best way to show the visitors what Daniel is all about is to let the fans, who live with his songs, have a say in this. Therefore I have a suggestion that would also allow the fans to interact more in the website.
My suggestion is that there should be a weekly poll that would allow the fans to pick their favourite song among those provided in the poll.

This was just an idea but if you like it I think we should make it happen.
Opinions on this?
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 10:35:17 PM »

I have to admit that I didn't have the goals in mind with the "mp3 of the week" that you stated.   The selection is "partly random" and in part attempting to make songs available that are hard to find - like from singles, soundtracks, or the less common cassettes, etc.

In the past, the site has been a place visited by only "hard-core" fans, and they've heard all the "regular" ones.  

Maybe the goal now SHOULD be different because - as I think your goals suggests - there are a lot of "newbies" visiting these days and they need to hear the "more remarkable" creations.

I'm all for suggestions, requests, or polls.   A poll sounds like a harder thing to deal with, though - as it requires a certain amount of monitoring and promotion.    If you'd like to run a poll on this message board and publish results, I'll make sure they are what gets posted.

Unless or until then, I welcome suggestions or requests, and we can start right here...

What songs would YOU like to see posted as "mp3 of the week" and why?

Let's hear it!
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:36:41 AM »

I think the song "Nothing" off of the Live/Berlin cd should be the Mp3 of the month! Why because it is absolutely beautiful, every time i hear that song i am blown away! The hair on the back of my neck stands on end. I think if any person unfamiliar with Daniel heard that song that would WANT to hear more! I dont think i could ever see Daniel play this song live and not be completely overwhelmed! It my humble opinion it is one of the best songs Daniel has ever written!!!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Disfranchise
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 05:37:48 AM »

okay dejected, if it's like you're saying I understand. The reason I believed that it was "the best of" Daniel was that the songs most of the times are from the tapes we fans are familiar with.
Anyway, if the idea I presented was interesting enough I could perhaps make a weekly poll or something.. The thing is that the song that wins the poll must be available in mp3 so that it could be uploaded on the site.
Is there such an archive? I could convert songs into mp3 easily from the albums I have on cd but not tapes. Then I could upload the song on yip share (assuming that it is still available)
I think if I just wrote here which song that I personally prefered most it would most likely not represent the majority of fans. A poll could do that. If the poll got its own topic like you see when you first enter the messegeboard like "fan forum", "tour talk, "album chat" it would be hard to miss it.
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 10:57:11 PM »

Yes - we have digital archives of "almost" everything - and converting to mp3 is not a problem.

Are you not a moderator?  Is it not about time you became a moderator?

As a moderator, you can add a top level topic and polls.... whaddya say?
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 10:59:49 PM »

As requested, we'll do NOTHING this week....

er..  that is to say... we will do something, but it will be "nothing"... uh - oh shucks!  You know what I mean!
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 04:56:33 AM »

Right On!

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 03:48:56 PM »

by the way, good to hear that there are digital archives of 'almost everything' -- I was starting to wonder about cassette tapes from the 80s disintegrating.. ]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length