Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 10:26:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Website Forum
| | |-+  New Site Members Area?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Site Members Area?  (Read 33721 times)
cisumevil
Frankenstein

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2004, 01:18:33 PM »

Hi Everyone  Cheesy

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is anything in the Mebers area of the New Web Site?

Everytime I check it out it appears blank? It could be my web browser but I'm not sure, Thanks to anyone who can help out  Cheesy
Stallion
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 11:16:56 AM »

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is anything in the Mebers area of the New Web Site?

Last time I checked there was.... huh    I'll look and see and let you know.
dbeefy
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 11:29:09 AM »

the new site appears to be down (being updated?) , the link to the new site has gone from the home page also.

Hopefully it's just due to an update, can someone from the site confirm this?

Oh and by the way, may I say hello, this is my first post. I've heard Daniel's name often in the past, but have only found his music (in the last 3 weeks).. amazing, what more can I say..
Stallion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 08:53:58 PM »

Drew's working on it guys.  He'll make a post when he's figured things out.
drewjoh
Administrator
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 02:25:31 AM »

Hey All,

Sorry about the confusion. The new site has a few more bugs than expected, and I'm working on solving all of them (it's a long list, if anyone saw the "Report a Problem" area). Dejected took the new site link off for now as it's becoming too much trouble to update both sites right now. The link is still there, it's just a little hidden. You just move your mouse to the left of the link for the old site, and it's there.

It is in a sense an update... a very big update.  Tongue

I'm working on solving these problems so we can completely and fully switch over to the new site. Hopefully it will be up and running soon, but no promises, as this part of creating a site becomes quite tedious and is not as predictable in how much time it will take.

Thanks and keep your eyes open for any developments. If you have any comments/suggestions, or believe you can contribute... don't hesitate to e-mail me.

A note for those who ever experience problems of any kind, don't hesitate to e-mail someone! Chances are we don't know about the problem but we can fix it! This also goes for questions of any kind!

Thanks for your patience... take it easy, later
Dbeefy
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 02:38:26 AM »

Thanks for letting us know , and good luck with getting the new site fixed (I know what it feels like being a web editor by profession ... rolleyes

Db
Cardiff, Wales (surely not the only DJ fan in Wales ! ? )
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 08:29:37 PM »

Just to say it again (it can't be said enough) - Drew is doing a LOT of work an on his own spare time.   (make a living!  Have a life!)  

He's got a lot of balls in the air right now, and his spare time is hard to come by.  We'll get there, but other things are stealing our time.

for example.... the Tribute CD about to come out has an HTML data portion that links to HiHowAreYou.com and that work may take priority over our precious "members area".

The good news is that the "material" for the members area is "piling up".   It is slow going, but there is a lot of good stuff out there.
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 08:41:21 PM »

IS ANYBODY REALLY PAYING ANY ATTENTION?   Things have been kinda "slow" and uneventful here lately, huh?

I'm getting to feel pretty guilty (but not TOO guilty) about the lack of movement on the MEMBERS ONLY area.

So just so I'll sleep better tonight, to those "OLD FAITHFULS" who visit regular can enjoy the full version of what I believe is a never-before-heard "complete / finished" song from the a very early tape.   The full version may not be posted on the MEMBERS ONLY area, so save this one while you can:

(Remember, by downloading this, you are agreeing to respect Daniel's copyrights.  This means you may share the song with friends, but you can NEVER charge anything for sharing it, nor give it to anyone who intends or MAY turn around and mis-use it.   Simple enough!)

I think it is another "transitional" song that summarizes a growing awareness he has (in many of his songs) that things never stay the same and "the end" is coming, we just don't know when.

http://www.rejectedunknown.com/temp/CS0225b%2002%20CLoser%20To%20The%20Truth.mp3

Maybe this will spice things up for you a little (make it worth coming back all the times that you do!).

Notice this is a "TEMP" directory, that means it won't be around for long, so check it out.
Stallion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 09:26:24 PM »

The full version may not be posted on the MEMBERS ONLY area

Sorry to tell ya but this same version is in the members area dejected.  But hey good effort anyway.
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 04:58:02 AM »

Hi
Just to let people know , although I am a registered member, I can't seem to access any of the members area pages - I'm getting '404' errors.

Although I am using the 'new site' for that - does the 'old site' have a members area (and if so, how do I access it please?!)

thanks
drewjoh
Administrator
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 06:37:32 AM »

Hey dbeefy

Sure enough, it looks like the entrie members_only directory has been deleted. I'll look into that more.

You can access the old members area (I think it's a little more up to date than the newer one right now anyways) by going to the news page http://www.rejectedunknown.com/feature.htm, scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page, and clicking on the word "BOTTOM". It doesn't look like a hyperlink but it is.  Cheesy

Let me know if you have any trouble, and I'll make a post here later once I figure out what happened to the members area on the new site.[/url]
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 08:20:08 AM »

Thanks for that! will head over to the 'old' members area in that case Smiley

(PS. feel free to let me know if you need any user testing of the 'new' site as its being worked on. My day job is one of the editors of http://www.wales.gov.uk so I'd be happy to help)

Db
dbeefy
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 08:37:25 AM »

er, Wow. ! Now I see the 'old' area. That should keep me busy for a while Smiley
drewjoh
Administrator
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 11:55:22 AM »

Yeah, sure enough, someone was doing a little "spring cleaning" on the website file structure and moved the members_only directory. We'll have it moved back here pretty soon though.

I may just take you up on your offer to help test out the new site here during the next month. I have plans to better it and perfect it, but no time! Hopefully by the end of the next month we'll be able to switch to the new site completely and permenantly. We just had too many hick-ups with the last launch of the new site.

Take care!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length