Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 11:03:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Daniel Johnstons "Some things last a long time" voted 112 in top 200 songs of 90
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daniel Johnstons "Some things last a long time" voted 112 in top 200 songs of 90  (Read 4518 times)
whereiszembla
Casper

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

Pitchfork did a list of the best 200 songs and mr Daniel Johnston is in there, I would have placed that song in my personal top 10 of the 90's.

The link is below

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7850-the-top-200-tracks-of-the-1990s-150-101/4/

im new by the way hi all!
Rob Wheeler
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:16:07 AM »

It is probably worth mentioning here that Jad Fair wrote that song with Daniel. In fact, Jad Fair wrote a song with the same lyric and a slightly different title prior to their collaboration (I think Daniel is on that version too?). As far as I am aware, in the 1990 version, Daniel is credited with writing the music and Jad Fair the lyrics.
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »

It is probably worth mentioning here that Jad Fair wrote that song with Daniel. In fact, Jad Fair wrote a song with the same lyric and a slightly different title prior to their collaboration (I think Daniel is on that version too?). As far as I am aware, in the 1990 version, Daniel is credited with writing the music and Jad Fair the lyrics.

I'm familiar with the writer and he's someone who should have known better.  I have no problem with including the track on a list of best songs of the decade but to not mention the person who wrote the lyrics seems careless at best.  Call me old fashioned but I think people who get paid for what they write shouldn't be so careless.

PS: Pitchfork has never placed a priority on getting their facts straight.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:40:49 AM by Stress Records » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length