Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 12:33:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Why dont we have some contests on the board? Spice the Boards up!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why dont we have some contests on the board? Spice the Boards up!  (Read 3223 times)
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:14:48 AM »

I think it would bring in more traffic to the board. I know back in the early days of the board I won a autographed poster which hangs in my kids room. I was asked how we could spice up the boards and thats one of the ideas.

Any ideas folks? Submit em here or to Henry or myself and we will make sure you get credit for the idea.

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:10:03 PM »

GREAT IDEA Smiley

My 10 minute Brainstorm:

Idea #1) Online 'conference quizzes' ... Perhaps a few of these would be nice?...one per week for a month, and maybe with increasing difficulty?
How to: set a date/time to post well-known and obscure info about Dan, invite all of the fans 'to it' ...then, at the appointed time - post the quiz questions (perhaps about 15 to 20?), and the first fan to post ALL of the correct answers wins? Prize - a signed poster ?

Idea #2)  Have fans submit their best poem about Dan (due within one week), and have Dick choose which one he thinks is best...prize = it gets posted on front page of the site Smiley

Idea #3)   "The 2 paragraphs about me and DJ" contest:   Ask fans to post, in a separate thread, how Dan's music and/or art has influenced them...and the winner is the fan who receives the most votes BY THE OTHER FANS WHO ALSO POST TO THE THREAD...A fan cannot vote for their own 'story' ...  Prize = choice of a tee shirt

Idea # 4)  A thread with a Jeopardy-type game...  Give answers, and fans need to provide the correct questions... various questions are worth varying points...fan with the most points at the end wins a peice of artwork?  (This game can go on for a long time...and posts can be 'unpredictable'... to encourage more frequent checking on the site...)

Last idea: google to try to find other ideas?  I would, but I just thought up 4, so time for someone else to propose some Wink

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
GregPolard
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:02 PM »

if this were Facebook I'd "like" this post Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length