Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:30:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  mail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mail  (Read 4056 times)
andylips
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »

have you or anyone you know sent a letter to danny and got a reply?

i just sent one and would love a reply. but if he doesn't reply it's still nice to know he'll get the letter
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »

You COULD try to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, paper AND a pen - if it is all in front of him, he MAY reply and give it to someone in the family to get into the mail....  OR ask him in your letter to leave his reply to you in the mailbox for the mail carrier to pick up Smiley

Good luck!

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
Johnnie
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

When i first became a fan in '95. i sent a few letters inviting him over to jam and record, until one day i recieved a letter from Jeff explaining Daniel's illness and the fact that although daniel HAD been reading my letters but would likely never respond...i thought, ' i wouldve paid for airfare and accomidations'...me and Jeff have corresponded sporadically throughout the years...cool gu y...

Eric from Maine
justin89
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

he prob. would really did email no?
dejected
Administrator
Fly Eye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »

Sorry to say, but Daniel pretty much never replies.    I've never known him to do it, and I have seen people send him self-addressed stamped envelopes and even send CASH asking for a signature, etc.   But I promise you, 9,999 times out of 10,000, even then, you won't get a reply.

It has far more to do with his attention span and ability to "keep up with tasks" rather than a disregard for fans or any disrespect for people's requests.

It is difficult to accept COMMISSIONED ART requests, for example, because he is more a "stream of consiousness" artist, and compulsively draws "whatever comes to him" - he cannot "easily" reset his thinking or direction to any specific instruction or request without a great deal of stressful "standing over him" while he does it, and when done that way, the results are usually disappointing.

If you figure out a way to get him to complete ANY task, though, let me know because I'm STILL trying to figure out how to get him to do pretty much anything specific!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length