Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 08:25:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Berlin '99
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Berlin '99  (Read 3618 times)
zambian-astronauts
Casper

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2010, 11:00:49 AM »

I read on the rejectedunknown.com quotes page that Daniel apparently 'lost it' at this concert.

""Next time, I promise, I'll do a better show." at the conclusion of his well-received Berlin concert that included an episode where he "lost it" - 1999."

What exactly happened here??
Stress Records
Mind Contorted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »

I read on the rejectedunknown.com quotes page that Daniel apparently 'lost it' at this concert.

""Next time, I promise, I'll do a better show." at the conclusion of his well-received Berlin concert that included an episode where he "lost it" - 1999."

What exactly happened here??

I helped arrange that show and this is the absolute first time I've ever heard anyone say "he lost it".  This is absolutely not true.  Most of the 900+ people in attendance that I heard from said it was a fantastic show and the CD and cassette that came from the show back that up.   The German promoter was a good friend of mine and I was in touch with most of the people who accompanied Daniel and his father while they were in Berlin and not one of them said anything about Daniel "losing it".   Daniel himself told me that he had quite a good time and especially enjoyed visiting the Checkpoint Charlie Museum.  I hope that clears things up.

PS: I hope that doesn't sound defensive but to my knowledge Daniel hasn't "lost it" in over 15 years.  Others would know about that better than I but I'm pretty sure about Berlin.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:23:46 PM by Stress Records » Logged

madnell
dead dog laughing in the cloud

"get yourself together or fall apart."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:34:37 AM »

the recording from this concert is a real favorite of mine.

most especially the songs @ the piano. 

"if ..
you become naked .."
zambian-astronauts
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:34:07 AM »

Thanks for the reply.
There's another post stating a pretty similar story. Why do people make these things up? Seems like Daniel keeps getting "wounded by folklore" as he put it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length