Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 04:00:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  How I got into Daniel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How I got into Daniel  (Read 6091 times)
kralenpregn
Harley Man

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »

This is an old topic that I am answering. I devote a certain amount of hours every day for reading these boards and learning about Daniel. I am mesmerized by this guy, in which it is an obsession. Of course it is a very healthy one at that. When I was 19 I heard Abbey Road the first time. I only listened to Punk rock before that. Abbey Road gives me a heavenly feeling inside like no other, until Daniel Johnston. He is truly an icon of musical stature.
I was going through a movie-watching stage, which I do sometimes, and on NETFLIX I discovered Daniel.
My Real Interest didn't happen while watching the movie. It just caught my attention of him. The next day I started doing musical searches.... The rest is, you know.....  
It has been about a month now.
Wow, I almost feel like a different person, on some kind of evolutionary scale or something,
 Ha!....... Jokes.

I have no idea how to put a picture on here, I would show you guys my new tattoo. Its the Frog, with a row of teeth.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:12:34 AM by kralenpregn » Logged
mememe
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »

Hi, I discovered Daniel also by watching the documentary.. just accidentally(?) stumbled upon it on the net, and really saw so much of myself in his lives and music. It really is so honest and beautiful and its almost like every song I heard became a thought process..  And then you hear something like Itīs Spooky and more **** gets thrown out the window.. Cheesy, I discovered Half Japanese also, and really now have a deeper appreciation for the things I love.. but anywhoo a tattoo of Daniels art sounds great!! But for now  I think Iīll make a white Hi, How Are You? T-Shirt Smiley

Really good everytime to hear how Daniel has affected people, itīs doing so much for me right now also. Long live the independents!
kralenpregn
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »

Hey. Thanks for the Half Japanese suggestion.
I just listened to Bone Head. Really diggable music. There is something that is in music like that and Daniel Johnston's music does it to me too, and that is inspire me! Makes me want to get a portastudio, and breathe My winds!!! Love it! Thanks!
mememe
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »

Exactly, now letīs do this ****! Cheesy
sillybighat
Lazy Bum

playing an open mic in dublin 09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »

im learning 'somethings last a long time' on guitar at the moment

you guys probably heard of 'the swell season' -

heres there cover of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAW9jHDbaOA

amazing  evil

sillybighat
Lazy Bum

playing an open mic in dublin 09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »

im learning 'somethings last a long time' on guitar at the moment

you guys probably heard of 'the swell season' -

heres there cover of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAW9jHDbaOA

amazing ;o)

lost_mind
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:44 AM »

I first knew of him from kurt cobains tshirt back in the day but never looked him up or anything....then i heard this song on the radio, soko-i will never love you more (which i think is a terrible song) where she sings "i will never love you more than daniel johnston himself, to me he's more than god, i will never love you more".  Then one day i was looking through a bargain bin in a music shop and found a copy of the devil and daniel johnston...it was cheap so i bought it and loved it! then i bought welcome to my world and fell in love with his music and then began to hunt down his other stuff! I ended up buying 2 other copies of the devil and daniel johnston and gave them to friends who are now dan fans! that movie is the best introduction to an amazing musician! .....oh and i guess thanks soko  rolleyes
mememe
Frankenstein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »

itīs working! Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length