Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:23:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  News Talk
| | |-+  brudenell, leeds. 6/11/09 review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: brudenell, leeds. 6/11/09 review  (Read 3191 times)
Chemmy
Casper

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »

went to see daniel at the brudenell in leeds. never been before and i must say its a wonderful venue, brilliant sound, atmosphere and crowd plus the drink prices were great as well. anyway, onto the gig. opened with a band called the wave pictures who i'd never heard of before and was pleasantly surprised by them. interesting song structures and emotive lyrics with some wicked guitar work outs and a bass solo thrown in for good measure. next was laura marling who i'd heard a couple of tracks of and was looking forward to, all i can say is she blew me away. bittersweet love songs played and sung beautifully, couldn't recommend her enough. then came daniel... he started off playing solo with this trashy, horrible guitar that probably cost thousands of dollars but just sounded awful. me and my friend were a little put out, feeling almost sorry for the guy after the pitch perfect voice and playing of laura marling... he must've done five songs before bringing his buddy out on stage (can't remember his name) who played guitar while daniel concentrated on singing. started with 'life in vain'. i'm rubbish, i can't remember the setlist very well but he did a couple of more songs with a beatles cover thrown in for good measure. he then took a short break before coming back onstage with the wave pictures and his buddy... perfect accompinment to the songs. like i  said i cant remember the setlist but he played 'silly love', 'bloody rainbow', 'speeding motorcycle', a couple more beatles numbers (can remember 'come together') and a host of others.... if anyone has the setlist it would be much appreciated. then to top it off he came back for an encore of 'true love will find you in the end' ending it with a cheery shout of 'merry christmas everyone'....
anyway, sorry for the rambling nature, im not much of a writer but needless to say it was a perfect night... loved seeing daniel in so many guises... solo, accompanied and with afull band... and he introduced to drummer as ringo as well at some point.
haint
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

Lost In My Infinite Memory
There Is A Sense Of Humour Way Beyond Friendship
Freedom
Life In Vain
Living Life
Hey Joe
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Tears Stupid Tears
Love Not Dead
Bloody Rainbow
High Horse
Come Together (Beatles)
Silly Love
Speeding Motorcycle
Revolution (Beatles)
Rock 'N' Roll/EGA
True Love Will Find You In The End
Pages: [1] Print