Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 11:10:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Three handmade tapes for HOW MUCH????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Three handmade tapes for HOW MUCH????  (Read 4463 times)
shloonktapooxis
Harley Man

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

From what I can tell, they were made by Dan, but just look at that price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Daniel-Johnston-Yip-Jump-Hi-How-Are-You-Continued-Story_W0QQitemZ400077899243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item5d268045eb#ht_3405wt_941
$3000!

notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »

From what I can tell, they were made by Dan, but just look at that price!
$3000!

That's about what I got for mine when I was forced to sell them to cover medical expenses.

Of course, mine were truly handmade from start to finish and included lots of unreleased songs (and I made sure the buyers gave their contact info to the Johnston family in case Dan ever needs to borrow them back for any reason...)

- NotDan

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
krmitchell
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »

Don't be fooled, that seller did not sell those tapes for that price. He is notorious for listing things at outragous BIN prices, and none of them ever sell.

Cases in point:
THIS Beck 7"
I picked this up for less than 8 dollars on eBay a few years back. Special misprint brown vinyl at all (though it is very possible I got a really good deal).
THIS cassette tapes
Yeah it's somewhat of a rarity, but you can find one with a little bit of searching for around 50 bucks.
and...
THIS 7"
A buddy of mine or his girlfreidn (don't remember which) got this when it came out back in April for like 15 bucks I think??

The dude has a bunch of rare and cool styuff, but it'll be his forever unless he lowers those insane prices.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:55:40 PM by krmitchell » Logged
shloonktapooxis
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »

Don't be fooled, that seller did not sell those tapes for that price. He is notorious for listing things at outragous BIN prices, and none of them ever sell.

Cases in point:
THIS Beck 7"
I picked this up for less than 8 dollars on eBay a few years back. Special misprint brown vinyl at all (though it is very possible I got a really good deal).
THIS cassette tapes
Yeah it's somewhat of a rarity, but you can find one with a little bit of searching for around 50 bucks.
and...
THIS 7"
A buddy of mine or his girlfreidn (don't remember which) got this when it came out back in April for like 15 bucks I think??

The dude has a bunch of rare and cool styuff, but it'll be his forever unless he lowers those insane prices.

Yeah, I don't think anyone buys anything from him. He just keeps reposting and reposting the same old stuff at the same old outrageous prices. That Beck-Sonic Youth 12" has been steadily on ebay for about 5 months by him at that same outrageous price.
drewjoh
Administrator
Frankenstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »

Just an FYI:

I've received complaints about his high prices from people in the past.

The 15 cassette set that he sells for $249, he bought directly from us (3 of them) back in March for less than half that.
I think he also was selling the handbag before, which he also bought directly from us (hihowareyou.com) back in March.

As always: buyer beware I suppose.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length