Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 11:06:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Hi, new to the boards with a question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi, new to the boards with a question.  (Read 4157 times)
3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:11:16 AM »

Hi, how are you?

My name is William Blankenship and I've been a fan of Daniel's for a few years, turned onto it when an old friend  of his (Kevin Still) told a mutual friend that they were making a documentary about a local artist. I know at one point that there was a sketch (if I'm not mistaken) of Kevin on this site, done when Daniel was younger.(edit: I was mistaken it's in the art section of rejected unknown) I went to Oak Glen High school, live right up the road from the Hancock County Sheriff dept. (If you see the clipboard under the mugshot in the movie), and I used to live right up from Arner funeral home, which I believe was also in the film, so seeing all that stuff was sort of surreal.

Anyway, I'm working on a comic and I was playing with the idea of drawing a scene where someone is singing "Devil Town" while walking down the street. As of right now I'm planning on releasing them online for free in order to gain a fanbase and hopefully interest from publishers. I was wondering if anyone knew who I would need to contact in order to discuss the rights to use the lyrics. If anyone can help me with this, I would be very appreciative.

If anyone's interested, I posted a link to a site where you can see previews in the Outsider art section.

http://messageboard.hihowareyou.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html

3!LL
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:14:35 AM by 3!LL » Logged
3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:17:57 AM »

Just bumping this for hope that someone can lead me in the right direction, and as well another question. What is the song that Daniel plays at the opening of 'The Devil and Daniel Johnston'? I love that song and cannot find any info on it.

Thanks to anyone who can help with either question.

Peace,
3!LL
zack26
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:16:58 AM »

The song at the beginning is "Silly Love" from Fun.

I believe Daniel's publisher is Primary Wave.  I don't know if they have the whole catalog or just parts of it.
http://www.primarywavemusic.com/

3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

Thank you kindly!

Peace,
3!LL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length