Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 03:38:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  NOT Daniel Johnston
| |-+  Outsider Art
| | |-+  Comic book work from a fan of Daniel (Whose apparently a fan of comic books)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Comic book work from a fan of Daniel (Whose apparently a fan of comic books)  (Read 7737 times)
3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:10:09 AM »

This is a personal project of mine. I've been a fan of Daniel's for a few years now, and have spent most of my life living in Hancock County, WV, where he grew up. I set up this thread because I had a question about using his song lyrics, and didn't want to post outside art out of forum, but I'd love to hear any opinions.

http://www.bohemianzen.com

3!LL
Henry Long
Admin
Fly Eye

http://www.facebook.com/people/Henry-Long/69119789

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »

Beautiful work. Looking forward to seeing more.

"Although there's a darkness, love balances chaos."-HL
3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »

Thank you, sir!

3!LL
LostMind
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:14:09 AM »

wow, that looks professional.

Live Bomb Free
Liefhebber
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:07:04 AM »

indeed it looks very polished and clean, it's really professional, do you have a job in this business or not? (it's only a bit too clean for my taste)
3!LL
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:15:12 AM »

Nah, I've not gotten into the industry as of yet. I'm working on this to get out some of my ideas online, with the hopes that a publisher will have interest. Thanks for the comments, I was actually wondering if it was clean enough, as I go directly from pencils to colors, without inking. I've been working on developing a quicker and somewhat rougher style as of late, while working on some friend's projects.

It's funny, I only started this thread for reference, when I had asked a question about using some of the 'Devil Town' lyrics in a short story. This has gotten more responses than that one. (las I checked it was zero responses on the other thread.) I suppose I'll try to contact the proper people, and if I can just send the story online and try to get a link to Daniel, as I'm not making money off it as of now (while properly crediting Daniel of course, and linking to places where his music can be purchased, as well as here) and just hope that he digs it. If not, the lettering can be changed before it goes to any sort of publication where money would be involved.

Anyway, glad you dig.

Peace,
3!LL
gina164
Mind Contorted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »

"Ditto" on the 'professional look,' and best wishes to you! ~ Gina

"'Get busy living, or get busy dying."
- Shawshank Redemption
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »