Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  Daniel did'nt have McDonalds on the brain this time! Recent photos-Updated!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Daniel did'nt have McDonalds on the brain this time! Recent photos-Updated!!!  (Read 15952 times)
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:57 PM »

NOPE on this day he had Sonic on the brain!!! Daniel and two little "wicked ones" on a recent visit. Feb 24, 2007!

Great time. More pics and details, mini interview to come! I insisted he have sugar free this time (sweet and low tea) instead of the Mountain Dew he guzzled down at dinner a few nights before.

When I have the time I will tell more!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:40:12 PM by wickedwill » Logged

you name me a street
and i will name you a bar,
and i will walk right threw hell
just to buy you a jar.
Poonhead
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:29:54 PM »

Woohoo!  Great picture Wickedwill, can't wait to see the rest.
Thems cute kids.
Billy Castillo
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »

Awesome! More please!

wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
Billy Castillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »

I love it!

Is that plush Jerimiah commercially available? I want one...

Really dumb question...

What did Daniel get from Sonic? I'm a bit of a Sonic addict myself...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:21:07 PM by Billy Castillo » Logged

Billy Castillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »

Oh yeah...is that you in the pic at the bottom? What are your kids' names?

Love the look on your son's face! My wife & I are expecting (baby's due on my birthday!), and kids just make me smile right now...

Also just notied the Aliens DVD. My alltime favorite movie...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:23:27 PM by Billy Castillo » Logged

Yip/Jordyn
Speeding Motorcycler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 05:45:03 PM »

Cool, I see a copy of The Devil and Daniel Johnston on the shelf.

Thanks for posting these.

Space is bigger than stress and a bag full of dresses

OCD's gift was given to me, and I know that mores more than less is

YES! YES!á YES! YES! YES!
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:34:40 AM »

The plush Jerimiah is from the Infernal Bridegroom. It was a prop! Looks like they could be made easily.
As is this eye on Dans wall.
Yeah thats me and my kids in the picture!

The eye that sees all..........

Me and Dan.........

My daughter loves the man who wrote "Speeding Motorcycle"

Looks like Dan and Bill have had enough of one another and Dan is gonna go Joe Boxer all over Bill! Looks like Bill is saying this is no weak chin son!
Actually its Dan explaining to his dad that he has no idea where the 1600 dollar set of teeth went and he wants steel pegs put in his gums to screw teeth on it! Bill says "No way,Then you will be walking around with steel pegs in your gums Daniel and I wont have it!"

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:02:28 PM by wickedwill » Logged

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
Poonhead
Retired Boxer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »

Great pictures Wickedwill!
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »

Anyways Daniel just got a burger and insisted on buying us all a shake. I let him buy the kids one( he insisted and seemed kinda bummed when I said no at first) but I paid for my Route 44 Cherry limeade.
My kids are really hyper so I never take them over to Daniels but we realized my wife had left her jacket so on the last day we stopped by with kids in tow. I told Dan I did not have alot of time and he asked if we could take him for a hamburger. Bill said "Dan, they are in a rush and dont have time" Well I cant deny my Rock N Roll hero a burger so we loaded up the van. I made sure to tell Daniel that he snuck the Mountain Dews by me and his dad was not pleased at his sugar level and asked me to make sure Daniel did a diet soda. Daniel got a tea and I went and traded the sugar in for sweet and low. Mixed it up myself while Dan laughed the whole time!

Daniel was in great spirits and even tho I was weary about bringing my kids over on that short visit (you can tell Dan dont like his stuff touched) when they walked in Dan lit up! He started digging for toys to give them and my son got a bag of cowboys and indians and a bag of dinosaurs. My daughter got a doll head you put make up on!
I told Dan not to give them anymore toys or they will take advantage of him. He said ok and went and got them a shirt each! Dan really became animated with the kids and my daughter knew his name because her fave song is "Speeding Motorcycle" but she never met the man.He played a bit of it on the piano and asked her to sing she got embarrassed and ran to Daniel and hugged him and said "I love you Daniel "speeding Motorcycle man" Dan said he loved her also and it was a honor to be loved by a pretty young lady!

In our previous visit the day before we were present when Dan took his meds and insulin. I was amazed and shocked as was my wife when he shot the insulin into the crook of his arm! He then tried to hand me the needle which Bill intercepted because it because the look on my face was of horror because a knot formed where Daniel shot up.
Me and my wife walked out with Bill and asked if Dan was supposed to do it in his arm because I always thought it was the stomache or leg. My wife works in the nursing field and never seen anyone do it like that.
We were not trying to question Bills judgement we were just concerned and Bill said thats the way the doctor told Dan to do it. Bill also said Dan is supposed to bury the needle (go deeper so it dont knot up but "Dan does what Dan wants to do") We spoke to Dan and my wife told him how important it is that he go in further and avoid those knots.
Dans house was not what I expected.....I expected a sty but it was rather clean just cluttered! My wife did a little cleaning (threw away soda cans,emptied ashtrays, gathered dishes,etc) but Dans house was not filthy or dirty unless you count the naked woman pics he has tacked to one bedroom wall. Bill never enters the room Dan said.
We finally said our goodbyes and hugged. I told Dan I loved him and his fans loved him and would love to see him stick around for a long time.
He suprised me when he said I love you to WW, you are a good friend and my fans dont gotta worry about me.

I got a picture of the new album cover but I dont know if it would be proper for me to post it......its called "The Death of Satan" and the cover is great!
If Bill or Drew dont mind I will post it.

P.S. Despite my love for Daniel I am a METALHEAD and I did a interview with Dan for a Metal site in Norway when I post it I will link you to it!

Hey hey hey its Fat Albert....no not Dan dig his shirt!

When me and Dan became friends I kept it quiet on the forums and would post under "Friend of Dans" so I could keep the board alive by asking questions I knew but other folks didnt. I am very protective of my friend and only wanted to keep the board interesting. Now the cats out of the bag and although there is more to share, Daniels friendship is special to me and there are special things I wanna just keep to myself.

I hope this ws good enough for you guys........I will let you know when the interview is posted. I kept it lighthearted and most of the questions I asked, us DJ faithful know. The Metalheads I converted (and there are several) didnt know so I asked em....it was fun!

Viva la Dan!

I did not see Mabel as she was napping but when I got home and asked her if she liked the bouquet of flowers I bought her she said they were beaytiful and thanked me. We chatted for a few but I know her health is frail so I kept it short. If you could get any indication of how someone was doing by their voice she sounded well and knew who I was!

A old pic of Dan and Mom Johnston...........she was lying down and Dan sat beside her and grabbed her hand. She kissed his hand and said "My Baby." and Dan smiled and said my "My wonderful,beautiful mom"

It was a sweet moment I will never forget even if I live to be 100!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 04:16:28 PM by wickedwill » Logged

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

Daniel looking at the woman who shoulda been his.........
Its a metal sign of Marilyn, a belated birthday gift from us.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:10:03 PM by wickedwill » Logged

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
wickedwill
Global Moderator
Fly Eye

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 11:05:48 PM »

Bumped for the person who asked how Dan was doing!

you name me a street
just to buy you a jar.
notdaniel
Fly Eye

<Ape vs. World>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:08:20 AM »

I don't think I mentioned it before, but d'ya see that colorful Mountain Dew ad/collage just under Dan's head in the picture linked below?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/acefrehleysbeer/notsavedpic2075.jpg

That's something my girlfriend dug up and dropped off to him when she passed through Waller, along with a box of old Aurora monster models and things I threw together and had her give him as a housewarming gift.

- notdan

They laughed when I sat down at the piano.
They didn't think that I could play.
But their laughter turned to amazement,
When I got back up and carried it away...

- DJ (message left on answering machine)
britney lafaye
Casper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »

wow! thanks for sharing wicked will! i just discovered Daniel last week and i'm totally blown away. he's my favorite songwriter now. by far, the BEST!!
OhJoy
Spook

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

Thanks so much wickedwill for posting the photos of
Daniel and sharing your day with us. It's such an up close and
personal look at his life. I'm sure it has to be hard to share,
when you find someone as special as Daniel i can see you
might want to keep him all to yourself.

What I'm trying to say is I do appreciate that you realized
his fans would love to see these. It's nice to know that Daniel's
house is finished and he's settled in.