Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 06:32:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Yip!Jump Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Fan Forums
| | |-+  What Ray Pickens thinks about himself?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Ray Pickens thinks about himself?  (Read 16059 times)
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2003, 09:56:39 PM »

Ray Pickens,  what do you think about yourself|?Huh

If we need any help, people on the forum can give you some clues.....

Love to hear that organ music...........
Neitzsche
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 10:01:34 PM »

A better question would be:
What does Daniel think of Ray Pickens?
And what does Daniel think of Neitzsche's Anti-Christ?
(Perhaps Dick can print out the excerpts and have Daniel read them and then tell us what Daniel thinks).
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 10:08:57 PM »

Dont Run!!! smiley

Answer the question first!!!!! If you dont want to make it public, at least try to think about it..........and answer it to yourself........

But, Be True to yourself, and face the facts!!!!

Good luck!

Neitzsche
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 03:44:31 AM »

[Moderator: this is Ray]

But I am not Ray Pickens,
So how can I answer the first question???
Stallion
dead dog laughing in the cloud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 08:13:07 AM »

Ok I'm through with this guy...please someone ban him from these forums.
ray pickens
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 03:42:41 PM »

evil
ok, what do i think about myself?  not much, really.  sometimes i'm depressed, sometimes i'm elated, sometimes i'm just working hard and not thinking at all.  i am moderately proud of some of the stuff i've done over the years, and have hastily added to a website I threw up a couple of months ago, so if you want to form your own opinions of what ray does, go check it out.  i don't do art, though, just music.  sing, play, write, produce.  there's even a little corner down at the bottom of the website where you can hear a hastily assembled jingle reel i put together off of a few of the tapes i managed to get copies of from those old days.  as you will see, i'm all over the map musically, from pop to opera to trying to write a broadway show to freaked-out metal to classical to jingles to dance and even rap.  not that this has been a plus in my life; i've never quite known where i fit in.  anyway, here's the link:  

http://knuckleheadrecords.bestmusicpages.com

i hope this is appropriate for me to put this link here.  you did want to know what i thought of myself, and i told you a bit, and now you can tell me what you think of me and what i do!  i'll tell you more when i think of something.  would be nice to get daniel's reaction to all that stuff!  (actually, he did hear a couple of things, and his reaction was kind of forced upbeat and positive, like he really didn't dig it but was trying to be nice.  or, maybe he really liked it, i don't know...  but it's not his kind of thing)
ray
ray pickens
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 03:50:43 PM »

evil
i'm still uploading the last few songs, so some of the older songs (selected songs 1988-1993) may not be ready, but will be in about an hour, if i have time to finish before going to dinner.  then all will be there, and i welcome applause, attacks, and yawns.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 05:21:42 PM »

Why do you want recognition from Daniel Johnston┤s fans??

Isn┤t their taste a little "underrated"Huh
ray pickens
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 09:04:29 PM »

evil
i didn't think about it that way, seeking "recognition" (i guess i was just trying to lay out there some stuff i've done as a way to "explain" myself, since music is all i do), but ok, i guess most people seek that.  and i don't think daniel's fans are underrated!  are you kidding?  cobain, bowie, vedder underrated???
Paul_Kelly
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 06:30:11 AM »

MICHAEL BOLTON.
MICHAEL BOLTON.
MICHAEL BOLTON.

Sorry, it's still funny.

MICHAEL BOLTON.
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 06:38:07 AM »

Since he wrote songs for both Micheal Bolton and Cher , it┤s impossible to me not to imagine.

RAY, WHAT YOUR HAIRCUT LOOKS LIKE?HuhHuhHuh Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Paul_Kelly
Harley Man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 10:41:49 AM »

Quote from: Anonymous
Since he wrote songs for both Micheal Bolton and Cher , it┤s impossible to me not to imagine.

RAY, WHAT YOUR HAIRCUT LOOKS LIKE?HuhHuhHuh Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

Perhaps he sports the look of his close personal friend, Michael 'Two Haircuts' Bolton.....   a man who, coincidently, deserves to die.

Would it be fair to blame Marky Mark, The Outhere Brothers and Jeff Buckley on Ray too?  Let's go for yes.
Mindwalk
Retired Boxer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 10:44:08 AM »

Why Jeff Buckley??

Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2003, 08:47:56 PM »

I listened to some things at the link Ray posted and I happen to like what I hear.  Why all this negativity dumped on poor old Ray Pickens?  May be Ive missed something here?
Syrupoftears
Harley Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2003, 04:35:18 AM »

Has anyone listened to the tapes in the members special forum of ray pickens jamming with daniel doing beatles songs.. its actually quite cool
thumbs up to you ray even though you do seem kinda like an asshole at times.. but after all who doesn't right?

Just let me smile a while for real
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length